The District Manager thrives in a dynamic and high energy environment. They have ownership over the sales and operational results in order to drive consistent growth of the profitability in their market. They directly oversee all people responsibilities including recruitment, retention, development and accountability. They have experience in coaching and leading a team and are passionate about talent development. They take pride in their work and hold themselves accountable for the results of their team and all aspect of their business. They have a solid foundation in sales and operations and can be counted on to exceed goals with integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for leadership and management of up to 8 retail store locations across the district.
- Direct activities of store managers to grow revenue and profitability to a standard of excellence, and establish an environment that promotes outstanding customer service.
- Ensure execution of operational processes in each location including inventory and asset management, merchandising, facilities maintenance, safety and security.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, performance management and succession planning of all employees to attract and retain top talent within the industry.
- Build a culture that promotes a positive open team environment for employees and customers through recognition, performance management, listening sessions and team building.
- Conduct regular manager and market meetings to communicate company and regional information and initiatives, as well as teach and inspire.
- Work with the Director of Sales for opportunities to improve brand presence or share of adds within the community.
- Work collaboratively with local market leadership to fully leverage all training, operational and field support resources and partners.
- Work directly with corporate support staff and department leaders to comply with organization procedures as well as leverage corporate resources within the district.
- Bring new products and launches to market through effective training, operations and development of sales processes that support product take rates.
- Manage the small business strategy, sales and team members in the area.
- Ensure that all stores and employees properly represent the CellOnly/Verizon brand.
- Create an environment of open communication and trust-based relationships with management teams to protect the integrity of the company.
- Build effective teams and promote the accountability and development of employees through coaching and maximizing company development programs.
- Other duties as assigned by upper management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or equivalent.
- This position requires 4 year of experience in a retail environment, previous wireless industry experience preferred.
- Experienced in supervising, managing and training of employees.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and works independently with minimal supervision
- Proven successful sales track record.
- Positive attitude, creative thinker.
- Typical working conditions are standing for extended periods of time. Occasional lifting up to large inventory box that can vary in weight.
- Typical equipment used will be computer, printer, cash register/computer terminals & working with the various technical products sold by CellOnly.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must work a minimum 5 day work week to include Fridays and Saturdays.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMENDS: To successfully perform the essential functions of this job with the able to stand, walk and bend up to 70% of the time and able to sit over 30% of the time.