CellCarta Fremont, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Performs immune monitoring assays for clinical samples. Participates in writing of procedures (SOP/CSP). Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
- Preparation and handling of primary specimens, including peripheral blood, ascites, other liquid biospecimens.
- Isolation of white blood cells by density gradient separation
- Sample preparation for immunostaining and acquisition by flow cytometry
- Maintain all records and notebook, organize and compile QC data
- Perform routine multi-color flow cytometry assays and cell-based assays supporting clinical trials according to Standard Operating Procedures including qualifications and validations as needed
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly and accurately for QA/QC and GxP purposes using Good Documentation Practices and updates computer-tracking systems, as required
- Ensure lab maintenance activities and equipment calibration are performed according to schedule and maintain a clean and safe lab environment
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences, Immunology or Cell Biology
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant laboratory experience with basic laboratory skills
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects including a relatively high volume of clinical sample processing and analysis, using immunoassay techniques
- Good organizational and documentation skills with superior attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of working in a GLP/GCLP compliant regulatory laboratory to conduct experimental procedures per defined technical SOPs, with experience of handling biohazardous materials, and understand safety procedures and guidelines.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience performing immunostaining and multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors)
- Knowledge in human blood sample processing and cell cryopreservation techniques, cell culture methods, cellular staining procedures using flow cytometry
- Experience in aseptic techniques for handling primary human cells and for mammalian cell culture
- Industry experience working with pre-clinical and clinical samples
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling, or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
ScienceView all jobs at CellCarta