Tent Loading Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $18 Hourly
POSITION TITILE: TENT LOADING ASSOCIATE
Works with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail. Will load and unload vehicles/trucks in full or partial loads working with dispatcher/delivery coordinator and delivery personnel. Must operate and control loading equipment such as a self-propelled forklift. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. May be required to assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments if necessary.
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Some electrical equipment is delivered, although it is not a requirement to install or service the equipment. If lighting is required (the installation of extension cords and lamps) the drivers are provided with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFI) breakers. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Position Tasks & Activities:
● Select items from stock according to reservations and sales and assembles orders for issue and shipment according to instructions.
● Conveys materials using equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, dollies or other mechanical warehouse equipment.
● Prepares shipping labels in accordance with specific instructions.
● Receive and open shipping containers.
● Restocks equipment according to company procedure.
● Must have thorough knowledge of equipment loading to reduce breakage and to make the unloading at the customer’s sight easier.
● Assist with the proper loading of delivery trucks and securing of equipment.
● Will deliver equipment when necessary.
● Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
● May, from time to time, perform minor repairs to equipment.
● Maintain an organized shop by returning tools and unused parts to the appropriate storage area.
● Report safety violations to supervisor.
● Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
● Network with other industry professionals.
● Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
● Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
● Attend department, store and safety meetings.
● Perform other duties as requested.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Should know the dimensions of the trucks and semis, the maximum weight capacity and the width, length and height limits of a semi or pickup truck.
- Have knowledge of most parts of tents and accessories.
- Have knowledge of most tent parts: width, length, height and weight.
- Have knowledge of how to install giant tracks, sailcloth, structural tents, In addition to the accessories.
- May be asked to go out on tent installs.
- Make lists of the tent parts for each job/tent contract.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be familiar with local roads and be able to read a road map.
- Must display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when
Reports to: Tent Loading Supervisor
Celebrations! is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Celebrations! Party Rentals & Tents
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Celebrations! Party Rentals & Tents