Tent Installer / Labor / Construction
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $19 Hourly
Will help customers and delivery personnel load and unload vehicles. The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Shipping and receiving functions, from light to heavy, are also performed. Assisting with janitorial responsibilities, both inside and outside the premises may also be involved.
Must stand for long periods of time. The work will be split between general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned and conditions outside which vary from day to day. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers. The position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May possibly have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Pull and load tent & related equipment with warehouse support:
- Receive order or load list.
- Get the necessary equipment ready for the job.
- Check the weather conditions before and during installation to be prepared.
- Communicate with sales regarding any special notes.
- Perform quality control inspection together with your leader or another worker of a higher rank.
- Check equipment off list as it is loaded and load equipment on truck in proper order.
- Help secure cargo for safety.
- Help load tools and operating equipment.
- Help verify the final load.
- Assemble various tents per manufacturer, company, safety policy & procedures.
- Lay out drop cloth in area of tent to protect top.
- Coordinate with Tent Manager on layout.
- Install anchors uniformly.
- Secure tent with final tie off.
- Help inspect the tent for proper assembly.
- If applicable, install all other rented accessories per layout.
- Help keep the store's work area clean after installation and help adjust the tent according to weather conditions.
- Help inspect the store and accessories for damage before removing them.
- Remove rented accessories.
- Remove tent per manufacturer, company, safety policy & procedures.
- Repair minor tears, etc. on-site or tag for repair.
- Help load the truck correctly at the rental site.
- Work with the warehouse support to help and ensure that the truck is unloaded properly and that everything is returned to inventory.
- Clean tents per company policy and procedure.
- Report to tenting manager or crew chief completion of job and any necessary repairs.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Greet and assist customers with loading and unloading of rental equipment.
- Communicate with supervisor.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Ask or consult with your leader or a team member of a higher rank for proper training on how a tool works before using it.
- You must inform your leader or manager of any incident or accident that occurs immediately.
- Help the party rental department to load and unload items.
- Help the party rental department make deliveries and pickups.
- Sign your timecard at the end of each pay period. Pay periods run the 1st to the 15th and 16th to the end of the month.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess customer relation skills.
- Must be able to use math to solve problems, not required.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided, not required.
- You must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak Spanish is an advantage, but not required
- Must be able to pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Reports to: Tent Manager
Celebrations! is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Celebrations! Party Rentals & Tents
ConstructionView all jobs at Celebrations! Party Rentals & Tents