Celanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical innovation company that engineers and manufactures chemicals used in products essential to everyday living. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we employ over 7,700 dedicated people working between 43 facilities across 18 countries. We are committed to employee growth and creating shareholder value to ensure continued opportunities make a difference. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees, provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day 1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com
The Vinly Acetate Monomer Production Manager provides leadership for the daily operations of the Utilities unit to effectively utilize unit resources and personnel to achieve safe, reliable operations that meet customer needs and unit objectives. Identifies areas of improvement, develops and implements recommendations to capture those improvements.
- Implements operation strategy
- Executes Unit Technology Plan and Annual Operating Plan (Budget)
- Owner of Unit Stewardship, Quality, Reliability, and Employee Engagement plan
- Drives development and engagement of Production Engineers, EHS Leader, Training Coordinator, Shift Supervisors, and Operators
- Administrator of Process Safety requirements
- Develop and maintain daily work processes to achieve flawless daily execution leading and acting as role model to develop talent and build organizational capabilities
- Ensure resources, raw materials and supplies are available for unit operation.
- Translate unit strategy into operating plan, including Unit Technoloy Plan (UTP) progression.
- Execute UTP and AOP received from Unit Leader.
- Review daily KPIs and gaps with team. Assigns PPR to resolve gaps.
- Planning of emerging needs and non routinely activities
- Ensures effective Conduct of Operations system in place for flawless daily execution
- Drives consistent and proactive improvement performance.
- Provides timely and thoughtful response to escalation issues
- 5+ years experience in chemical production facilities
- Must have experience with budget management in manufacturing
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing various staff levels
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemistry
- Experience in chemical manufacturing processes
- Ability to lead in a team based environment.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
- Strong computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
External Company Name: Celanese International Corporation
External Company URL: http://celanese.com/
Street: P.O. Box 509