Flats Chicago, a Cedar Street Company, is seeking a full time Property Manager in Chicago, IL. The Property Manager will oversee all day to day property operations while enhancing the value of the property.
- All financial related responsibilities associated with the property.
- Leasing properties to tenants at the maximum capacity while maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Handling all the administrative duties that are required by company set guidelines
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management in order to maintain high resident retention rates
- Full ownership of managing personnel and providing support staff when and where it’s needed using successful company techniques
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis, this requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
Essential Job Functions:
- College degree preferred.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred not required.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years on-site as a Leasing Consultant and/or Assistant Community Manager; will consider 3 years supervisory experience in a customer service related business with appropriate certification(s).
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Must have own vehicle with 24/7 access
- Be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- Successfully pass a drug test and background check.
Attendance is an imperative job function.
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments required by company officials. This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.