Are you ready to bring your expert clinical competencies to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States for transplant services? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
With expert surgical and medical proficiency in lung, heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation, the Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Transplant Center is one of the most successful facilities of its kind. Here, patients find a compassionate environment and hope for a longer, healthier life.Essential Duties:
As a Clinical Nurse III, you will perform a variety of tasks specific to the needs of the patient population in the CTC Infusion Center, including the following.
- Performing nursing assessments (intakes)
- Obtaining intravenous access, phlebotomy, and medication administration via peripheral infusion device as ordered by licensed physician or licensed advanced practitioner
- Monitoring and assessing patients for adverse reactions and complications
- Documenting in the electronic medical record and communicating with physicians appropriately and directly
- Maintains competency skills including the ability to provide care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Identify the ability of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients to follow direction/instructions and give consent
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Specialty certification required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
- A minimum of 2 years of critical care nursing experience required
- Proficiency in infusion therapy required
- Emergency Department or ICU experience preferred
- Ambulatory clinic nursing experience preferred