We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as a part-time Nurse (Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN or Registered Nurse/RN), various shifts w/weekend rotation, within the Cedarhurst Living organization! If you're looking for a rewarding opportunity and desire to work for a company who truly cares about the people it serves - apply now!
To Cedarhurst Living, our residents are family; and as such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate health care services and support to residents in our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Our approach to senior living is shaped by respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We believe our communities are more than just a place to live, they are a place to call home, and most importantly; a place to thrive!
About the role...
Cedarhurst Living, LLC believes in an active approach to resident care, not just passive maintenance. As a Nurse with Cedarhurst, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all nursing care prescribed, and provided, to our residents within the community. You will work with the Director of Nursing to provide direction and oversight to the care staff regarding the resident's needs based on the assessment performed. In addition, you will promote the physical, personal and emotional well-being of each resident and work with the Director of Nursing and care staff teams to strive to reach the ultimate goal, which is to return the resident to their maximum level of self-care and independence, when possible.
Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence and understand the importance of quality, person centered, care. In addition, you understand the importance and value of communication regarding the resident's care and well-being with community staff, as well as with the resident's family members. We view our residents in our community as family and we strive to provide each and every one with the best care possible.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current state license is required
- 1+ years of Nursing experience within a senior living (AL & memory car) setting is required.
- Must possess a current CPR certification.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements with no restrictions, and available for weekend rotations
- Working knowledge of treating and assisting seniors with dementia.
- Ability to provide necessary care to residents of the community within the guidelines of: state and federal nursing regulations, resident's Advance Directives, as well as in accordance with physician, health care proxies and supervisors identified directives.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced in conducting pre-admission assessments, training and education to staff, residents and family members.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 200lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative - willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Must possess knowledge of state and federal nursing center laws and regulations regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
What you need to know when considering a career with Cedarhurst...
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence, dignity and individuality. We believe it's important to take time to get to get to know the residents you'll be serving and to put into practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
- Trustworthy - trust is earned by outstanding service and dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to listen, assist and above all else - care.
- Positive in your interactions with residents affording them the opportunity to experience the best place they've ever lived.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable - together we are family. Honest care and personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we encourage you to apply. - Be part of making a true difference in our resident's lives!
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.