We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as an Executive Director within the Cedarhurst Living organization! If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and desire to work for a company who truly cares about the people it serves – apply now!
To Cedarhurst Living, LLC, our residents are family; and as such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate health care services and support to residents in our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Our approach to Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care is shaped by respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We believe our communities are more than just a place to live, they are a place to call home, and most importantly; a place to thrive!
About the role…
The Executive Director (ED) is the heart of the community – the person who is responsible for running a successful community, but who also truly understands the importance of leadership, dedication, and putting the needs of the residents and community staff first.
As the ED, you will be accountable for strategic planning and profitability, as well as responsible for all operations of the community and programs. You will be a resident advocate, ensuring the delivery of quality nursing care in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while supporting your care team and optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience.
Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence, understand the importance and impact of quality person-centered care and are passionate about seniors. – You thrive on building relationships with a goal of making a difference in people’s lives. You will promote our community lifestyle, its amenities and life enriching programs, and achieve a level of customer service that identifies with our servant-heart standards of operation.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7-8 years of past experience OR 9+ years past experience
- Five (5) years of experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills, state required license/certification for operating an Assisted Living/Memory Care center is desired.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Community including profit and loss, marketing, sales, regulatory compliance, maintaining high customer satisfaction, meeting financial expectations and ensuring a quality workforce.
- Proven ability to manage four to five (4-5) subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately 30-100 employees in the areas of Housekeeping, Resident Care, Maintenance, Dietary and Office.
- Demonstrates competence in the area of regulatory compliance and ensures that the property stays in regulatory compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Provides leadership in such a manner that represents key servant leadership principles, including effective listening, empathy, awareness, and persuasiveness
- Hires, orients, supervises, evaluates, reviews and appropriately disciplines subordinate staff
- Offers proactive solutions to problems and circumstances in keeping with the company vision, values, policies and standards
- Driven to achieve and exceed goals and have the ability to motivate others to do the same.
- Proven experience in leadership, development and retention of staff.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office, Prism, Kronos, Yardi, electronic health records (EHR) systems
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as Manager on Duty, and/or be on call when needed.
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living
What you need to know when considering a career with Cedarhurst…
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence, dignity and individuality. We believe it’s important to take time to get to get to know the residents we’ll be serving and to put into practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
- Trustworthy – trust is earned by outstanding service and dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to listen, assist and above all else – care.
- Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them with a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable – together we are family. Honest care and personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we encourage you to apply. – Be part of making a true difference in our resident’s lives!
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.