We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as a full-time Certified Med Aide (various shifts w/weekend rotation) within the Cedarhurst Living organization! If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and desire to work for a company who truly cares about the people it serves – apply now!
To Cedarhurst Living, LLC, our residents are family; and as such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate health care services and support to residents in our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Our approach to Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care is shaped by respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We believe our communities are more than just a place to live, they are a place to call home, and most importantly; a place to thrive!
About the role…
Cedarhurst Living, LLC believes in an active approach to resident care, not just passive maintenance. As a Certified Med Aide with Cedarhurst, you will promote the delivery of resident care utilizing a team approach in conjunction with the resident assistants, nurses and other members of the interdisciplinary team such as lifestyles, dining services and housekeeping. Your role will be as a primary provider of resident care and distribution of medications and, in addition, will be to promote physical, personal and emotional well-being of each resident and strive to maintain the ultimate goal, which is to return the resident to their maximum level of self-care and independence, when possible.
Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence and understand the importance of quality, person centered, care. In addition, you understand the importance and value of communication regarding the resident’s care and well-being with community staff, as well as with the resident’s family members. We view our residents in our community as family and we strive to provide each and every one with the best care possible.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and must have current state certification for corresponding role (Certified Med Tech, Certified Med Aide/Level 1 Med Aide/Level 1 Med Aide – insulin certified)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is preferred.
- Must have at least one (1) year of related work experience, preferably in senior care, and possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Provide direct resident care services including medicine distribution to residents. Follow individualized plan of care for all residents.
- Perform resident assessments as required by the state standards/regulations and facility policy, under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
- Observe residents for change in condition and report any changes immediately to supervisor and/or the Executive Director. Provide timely interventions to change of condition and share this with care staff and family as instructed.
- Complete and maintain current individualized care plan for each resident.
- Provide interim documentation as required to resident file. Attend all scheduled interdisciplinary resident care meetings.
- Check and record vital signs, weights, and blood sugars, as assigned.
- Provide for/assist residents with activities of daily living as needed, including bathing/showering to schedule, oral care, toileting, dressing, etc.
- Assist residents with transfers and ambulation as directed, using proper body mechanics, and respond to urgent calls as needed.
- Oversees and manages medications delivery system to include timely order entry, receipt and tracking as well as daily MAR documentation, narcotic count, and checking in medications in timely manner as assigned to ensure resident compliance to medication regime. Notifies pharmacy and supervisor of issues and seeks to resolve in timely manner.
- Provide glucose monitoring and administration of insulin (applicable for CMTs and insulin-certified CMAs only)
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as necessary.
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Knowledgeable in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office & electronic health records (EHR) systems (CareMerge preferred)
What you need to know when considering a career with Cedarhurst…
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence, dignity and individuality. We believe it’s important to take time to get to get to know the residents you’ll be serving and to put into practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
- Trustworthy – trust is earned by outstanding service and dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to listen, assist and above all else – care.
- Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them with a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable – together we are family. Honest care and personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we encourage you to apply. – Be part of making a true difference in our resident’s lives!
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.