Must also be a Certified Nursing Assistant and hold a current certification that is not expired.:
Cares for residents in the community under direction of nursing and medical staff.
Essential Position Functions:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
* Interviews residents to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart for physician.
* Obtains and records resident vital signs and weight.
* Administers and documents medications given by following specifically written physicians orders, including oral, topical, and suppository medications, as well as eye and ear drops
* Participates in all in-service programs to expand and develop abilities.
* Maintains compliance to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures, and Federal and State regulations and standards, including but not limited to HIPAA privacy and confidentiality laws.
* Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and actual emergencies.
* Performs various treatments not requiring license nurse (hot/cold applications, vital signs, weights, etc.) Uses procedure manual to verify correct techniques and practices standard precautions.
* Observes, records, and reports observations such as unexpected and untoward effects from medications.
* Takes vital signs as needed prior to administration of certain medications.
* Provides direct resident care. Functions as a CNA when not assigned to administer medications.
* Develops and maintains courteous and professional relationships with residents, visitors, and co-workers.
* Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
* QMA Certificate in good standing on file with the appropriate Department of Health and current CNA Certificate.
* One year experience in long-term care setting preferred.