Performs housekeeping duties throughout the community in accordance with established guidelines as required in community policy and procedures.
Essential Position Functions:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs cleaning duties according to schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as apartment homes, common areas, lounges and offices.
- Removing trash from various areas of the community to the outside main trash dispensers.
- Collect soiled linens. Launder linens in accordance with established health, hygiene, and appearance policies and regulations (including safety and risk management) and in order of priority established by supervisor. Fold, sort, and distribute clean laundry.
- Follow all housekeeping protocols and procedures in marking laundry, loading in and out of washers and dryers, controlling temperature of water, amounts of soap solution, and other chemicals to clean but not damage laundry or equipment.
- Keep laundry and linen storage rooms clean and organized.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops all floors and stairways; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs, carpets and runners. Rotates runners in hallways and entryways.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and places in designated pick-up areas.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures and facilities; stocks dispensers as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoos furniture; dusts desk and floor lamps, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls, and windowsills.
- Scrubs bath and shower room tiles, wood work, window frames and sills.
- Maintains equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
- Reports any needed repairs to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to Housekeeping Supervisor for replenishing.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Maintain the core philosophies of Cedarbrook prioritizing residents, families and other team members.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred
- Senior housekeeping experience preferred.