Concierge / Security Guard
Concierge / Security Guard
Cedar Wellness Center is a Tribally owned clinic that treats a diverse population of patients, including Native and Non-Native people. We have the opportunity to provide whole person care, while managing patient substance use disorders, primary care, infectious disease, and mental health needs. We are building a team of dedicated and compassionate individuals.
Cedar Wellness Center brings an innovative model of highly individualized, compassionate care to patients with opioid use disorder. From the moment someone walks through the door of our state-of-the-art outpatient facility, they will encounter our thoughtfulness and intention for a humanizing and respectful experience with us. The comforting and safe setting of our nature-inspired facility and the friendly, professional attitude of our staff help to define our journey with each patient—and with each other—from day one.
Each employee at Cedar Wellness Center creates their own ripple effect in the larger circles of the families and communities that we touch. Are you ready to make a difference with us?
We are currently seeking a Concierge / Security Guard to support our clinic in Tacoma, WA. This position, reporting to the Clinic Director, is an excellent opportunity for someone excited to make an immediate and lasting impact in a growing company.
At Cedar Wellness Center, the safety of our patients and our community is our top priority. As a Concierge at the clinic, your role will be essential to this mission. On a daily basis, the Concierge will be the first person to interact with patients, visitors, and neighboring businesses. The Concierge position requires a strong skillset including excellent customer service, professionalism, and maintaining a calm but directive presence in dealing with potential crisis situations or when diffusing escalated patients. The Concierge will maintain a visible presence and regularly patrol the exterior of the building and property as well as the patient lobby and interior areas.
Cedar Wellness Center is a place for teamwork and for healing our community. We are looking for candidates who want to make a difference and who can demonstrate compassion and empathy just as easily as they can keep calm and order.
- Patrol the property, enforce clinic policy and regulations.
- Ensure that the patients, staff, and visitors are provided with a safe and professional working environment.
- Maintain visibility and observe and report possible unusual activity.
- Assist with and immediately report any maintenance and safety conditions that might endanger patients, staff, or public safety, including fires, evacuations, hazardous situations, or other visitor-related events; provide back-up to patients and staff as needed.
- Maintain all daily assigned equipment in functional and presentable condition.
- Respond to requests for assistance by program staff and various patient requests.
- Complete any required documentation including any facility or other Incident Reports and submit to the Clinic Director.
- Report any security-related accidents/incidents and complaints; complete report and follow up with management as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees, suppliers, and visitors on clinic property have proper company-issued identification.
- Responsibilities include crowd control and assisting Police Department, Fire Department, EMS, or other officials as requested.
- Assist with patient check in and front office coverage as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma (bachelor's degree preferred).
- Security experience preferred (having both private and public sector is a plus).
- Language: English & Spanish (Spanish is not required but is highly desired.)
- Must be able and willing to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professionalism in appearance, work ethic, and positive attitude.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to work the hours and days required by position, including daily 5:30 am start times.
- Ability to provide health and TB clearance.
- Must pass background check and urine drug screen.
Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for working with people, even on tough days.
- Ability to treat each individual like they are the only person in the room.
- Good listener.
- Welcoming of differences and diversity.
- Ability to work independently and also to thrive as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction and receive constructive feedback.
- Power to stay calm, focused, and kind in stressful situations.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Flexibility, versatility, and willingness to jump into new situations and challenges.
- Willingness to share your opinion.
- Courage to stand up for your beliefs.
- Ability to help create a safe environment for patients and staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend, use hands to keyboard or type, handle materials used in performing the essential functions of the classification, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift, stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time, ability and willingness to occasionally stand in a static position for extended periods. The employee will be asked to perform repetitive behaviors (e.g., typing and data entry). The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this classification include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing abilities required by this classification includes those which permit the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively in person and by telephone. The employee must be able to identify potentially unsafe situations and address using verbal and non-verbal communication. While performing the duties of this classification, the employee works in both indoor office and outdoor settings where the noise level is usually moderate but could potentially be high levels at times. The employee must analyze and evaluate situations and adopt effective courses of action. Extensive use of the telephones/radios and face-to-face communication that requires accurate perception of speech as well as talking and hearing.
Why Work for Us?
At Cedar Wellness Center, we share a journey—with patients, our coworkers, and the many communities of which we are a part. Our work is to build connections with individuals and families and to save lives in the process. The cedar tree is flexible in the wind, making it almost impossible to break. It is a symbol of strength and an ancient resource for longboats and shelter. We see these elements coming together in Cedar Wellness—a place that honors the strength that it requires for patients to get help and the adaptability and courage it takes to join them on their journey to recovery.
We support our team through a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for continuing education and professional advancement. Cedar Wellness Center staff will also be cross trained to meet the needs of patients and to make each day a success. On-the-job training will empower team members, as we believe the excellence of the clinic and the professional development of our staff complement one another.
Cedar WellnessTacoma, WA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.