Health Care Coordinator
Cedar Sinai Park Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
Cedar Sinai Park is hiring a full-time Health Care Coordinator / Medication Technician ($1000 sign-on bonus!) to join our team of dedicated staff! Cedar Sinai Park is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TITLE: MEDICATION TECHNICIAN
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (8-hour shifts)
WORK HOURS: Day & Evening
PAY: Starting wage $16.00 - $18.00 per hour (DOE)
SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS: Available for Evenings, weekends, and Overnight shifts
REPORTS TO: Health Services Manager
WORK LOCATION: Rose Schnitzer Manor, 6140 SW Boundary St., Portland, OR 97221
Responsible for providing medication administration services to residents according to Service Plan agreements, medical orders following pharmacy policies and procedures, Oregon Administrative Rules for Assisted Living Facility (ALF) and under the direction of Registered Nurse and Director of Health Services Department; provides supervision and direction for assigned duties carried out by Resident Assistants; performs duties as manager for the building on evening and night shifts. All tasks performed will be consistent with Cedar Sinai Park mission and person-centered/directed care philosophy.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY
Required Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of computer keyboarding with accurate typing is required.
- Prior residential care experience with multiple medication administration duties preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of Point Click Care (electronic medical record) or similar medical record system preferred.
Certifications: Current CPR with AED, and First Aid
*All licenses & certifications are required to be kept current by the individual; we will reimburse for your license renewal obtained after date of hire, with a receipt of payment.
HIRING PROCESS INCLUDES:
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Pre-employment drug and COVID-19 test (paid for by company).
- Mandatory Tuberculosis (TB) Test: During the first week, all employees must participate in a two-part screening for Tuberculosis, paid for and administered by an on-site nurse.
BENEFITS for FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES Full-time employees receive benefits; time off accrual rates vary by hours worked. Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Kaiser Medical
- Dental (Delta PPO or Willamette HMO)
- Bi-weekly payroll (26 pay periods per year)
- Long-term disability (employer paid)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Pre-tax for anticipated healthcare costs and childcare expenses)
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- Employee Assistance Program through Cigna (Employer paid)
- 10 days of paid vacation accrued during the first year, then 15 days after 2 years
- 6 paid holidays plus 3 floating holidays (prorated based on month of hire)
- Every employee receives a free meal on each shift worked
- Employee Referral Bonus ($300)
- Tri-Met payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis is available.
- Administers medications following best practices in med-pass at prescribed timeframe and accurately follows electronic Medical Records Administration (MAR) process to document.
- Enters documentation of resident’s health status in “Alert Charting” system in a timely manner so that monitoring can be implemented.
- Must document changes in condition, new medication reactions, complaints of pain and discomfort, put on “Alert Charting” (check on once per shift, full set of vitals and note in chart with outcomes).
- Reports changes in condition in a timely manner to the nurse.
- Documents “Incidents Reports” of residents in electronic medical record system.
- Keeps team members informed of changes in resident care needs through effective and timely documentation in the medical records.
- Performs safety checks on residents as needed.
- Knows and practices facility philosophy of Person Centered/Directed approach to services as well as standards, policies, and procedures that ensure the safety of residents, staff, and building.
- Communicates with on-coming and off-going shifts during pass-down.
- All shifts will complete on-shift/off shift narcotic count with oncoming shift Medication Tech with appropriate documentation of count.
- Other duties including but not limited to lab ordering, obtaining urine/stool/vomit specimens, receiving and faxing orders or information, glucometer checks, filing, updating resident information, reviewing service plans, and calling physicians as appropriate to coordinate resident care.
- Provides assistance with ambulating, transferring, escorting, dressing, grooming, bathing, personal hygiene, toileting and client specific tasks that are assigned or delegated, and works as a team with other Resident Assistants in providing care.
- Adheres to proper infection control techniques, including the understanding and use of universal precautions (washing hands after exposure to body fluids/ wearing appropriate bio hazard protective clothing).
- Attends mandatory Health Services Department and Rose Schnitzer Manor meetings and trainings.
- Obtains and maintains current CPR / First Aid certification.
Come work as part of team where you are respected for who you are and the difference you make.
Cedar Sinai ParkWhy Work Here?
Dedicated staff, great benefits, wonderful residents, beautiful campus!
Cedar Sinai Park is a not-for-profit and our mission is to provide residential and community-based care to our elders and adults with special needs, allowing them to live with comfort, independence and dignity in a manner and in an environment based on Jewish values. If you want to start your career in the Healthcare Industry in a fostering and nurturing environment that is dedicated to diversity and is committed to promoting an inclusive environment, please apply. Love. Honor. Respect. Come work as part of team where you are respected for who you are and the difference you make.
6140 SW Boundary StreetPortland, OR
HealthcareView all jobs at Cedar Sinai Park