Behavioral Health Director
Cedar Riverside People' Minneapolis, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Behavioral Health Director
Bilingual Somali Preferred
Join our organization whose mission is improving lives, transforming communities, and achieving health equity for everyone. People’s Center Clinics & Services (PCCS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in the heart of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are physicians, dentists, nurses, social workers, care coordinators, and other healthcare and administrative staff, and serve nearly 10,000 patients every year through medical, dental, and behavioral services.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
• Health, Dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with company contribution
• 4 weeks of paid time off
• 8 annual holidays
• Company paid life insurance benefit
• Company-paid Short -Term and Long-Term Disability benefits
• National Health Service Corps loan forgiveness approved site
• Company paid continuing education dollars and days
• License and certification expense reimbursement
Behavioral Health Director/Substance Use Disorder
The Substance Use Disorder and Behavioral Health Director leads Behavioral Health team to achieve the organization’s mission and strategic goals. This position reports to: Chief Operating and Clinical Officer.
Opening: .8 to .2 FTE (.2 FTE Substance Use Disorder and Behavioral Director/.8 FTE Clinical Practice). This position is responsible for providing leadership and strategic oversight related to substance use disorders and serves as the local market lead in SUD integration efforts for addiction services both internally and externally. The position works closely with the clinical leadership, state partner agencies and matrix partners.
- Brings strategic and operational leadership relative to the direction, planning, execution and interpretation of SUD clinical programs.
- Directs and supports the implementation of evidence-based practices across the integrated provider network for all levels of care.
- Develops and implements clinical integrated program strategies and direct those systems and programs in order to meet our company's contractual obligations, goals and objectives.
- Develops a strong partnership and collaboration internally and externally to overcome integration challenges at the clinical, operational and financial levels.
- Drives affordability of substance use disorder services, focused on quality and improved health outcomes
- Develops and maintains of a high-quality treatment program
- Develops and implements of a comprehensive community relations program
- Strategic planning, program administration, and development
- Develop, implement, and evaluate methods to evaluate efficient and effective integrated clinical services.
- Establishes clinical objectives and evaluate for meeting operational criteria. Initiate, implement and monitor compliance with evidence-based practices.
- Reviews and analyzes clinical activities and data to aid, planning, costing and risk management and to improve service utilization.
- Tracks and reports clinical BH outcomes to Clinical Leadership team.
- Collaborate with system partners in promoting and operationalizing integrated care practices.
- Works with community stakeholders regarding their feedback about system gaps and needed improvements.
- Facilitates consumer involvement in policy making and service delivery design.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability
- Education, Licensure and/or Certification needed per state requirements.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling or Doctorate in a health related field.
- License/ Certification in Substance Abuse required
- Must have 2 years ambulatory/community care behavioral health experience
- 5+ years of experience in behavioral health/substance use disorders, or related healthcare experience
- Experience with administering/implementing Medicaid programs
- Demonstrated competence in clinical care management
- Bilingual in Somali preferred
- Prior leadership experience and organization skills; to include interpretation of State and federal laws and regulations relevant to the substance use program area
- Knowledge of evidence-based, best and promising practice methods and procedures and strong customer service orientation