Willowbrook Place, a first-class assisted and independent living community, located in Thiensville and prides itself in quality service and customer satisfaction is looking for a part time cook to join our team. Scheduling can be very flexible. We serve 3 meals a day, seven days a week for our residents. We are willing to train you for a career in the fastest growing industry serving senior citizens. We are not a nursing home!
Responsibilities may include:
· Assists in preparation of and/or prepares all food that is on the menu at Willowbrook Place.
· Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, tenderizers, microwaves, etc.
· Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
· Prepares dishes for staff to distribute to residents in general dining area and room deliveries.
· Serves prepared food as close to established serving times as possible.
· Removes garbage and recyclables from residence.
· Cleans and sanitizes food preparation and equipment/work area, including wall surfaces, counter tops, and kitchenware. Sweeps and mops kitchen floor. Vacuums dining room as necessary.
· Ensures all equipment is in proper functioning order and that weekly maintenance/cleaning is performed, including, but not limited to; refrigerator, freezer, oven, toasters, microwave, blender, mixer, dish-ware, coffee machines, etc.
· After meal service clears dining room tables and prepare tables for next meal service. Prepares menu board for next meal service.
· Reports to Dietary Manager or Maintenance any equipment that is not working properly or to specifications.
· Completes daily prep sheets and prep sheets for the next day as needed in a timely fashion. Looks ahead on daily prep lists and special events lists and completes work as needed.
· Notifies the Dietary Manger when they have run out or have gotten low on supplies and ingredients.
· Ability to relate to residents and staff in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
· Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Willowbrook employees. To ensure adequate staffing, positive employee morale and to meet expected productivity standards throughout the organization, employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
· Other misc. duties as needed.
Desirable applicants will have a minimum of one-year experience in the food service industry. All candidates will enjoy competitive wages and flexible scheduling.
While this currently a Part-time position, future opportunity to go to Full-time. Full-time candidates, working over 30 hours a week, are offered a progressive benefits plan including paid holidays and vacation, voluntary healthcare, dental, and vision coverage in addition to a complimentary company issued life insurance and opportunity to contribute to a 401k plan that includes a 100% company matching.