Registered Nurse (Endoscopy) - Part Time Days
- Posted: January 09, 2023
Registered Nurse-Endoscopy Department
This is a professional position responsible for the coordination of outpatient and inpatient services for Cayuga Medical Center at Ithaca. This position will be responsible to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate services provided for patients. This person is responsible for linking the hospital and physicians by providing services for inpatients and outpatients. These services include but are not limited to preadmission nursing assessments, testing, care, and coordinating these inpatient and outpatient procedures with the physicians and/or other groups as appropriate. Also includes the post procedure care and assessment of the inpatient and outpatient procedure patients. Does related work as required. Promotes quality patient care by establishing and monitoring standards of care. May function as a designated charge nurse. Supervision may be exercised over LPN's, Endoscopy Technicians, Hospital Aides, and unit Patient Access Representatives.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Performs and documents an accurate assessment on each assigned patient within established standard of care.
- Identifies patient's immediate needs on admission.
- Assessment of patients discharge needs are completed on admission and is ongoing.
- Responds appropriately to changes in patient condition.
- Anticipates patient needs based on accurate assessment.
- Review of chart for pertinent information.
- Administers optimal patient care by providing physician with appropriate equipment and supplies for each procedure.
- Knowledge and ability to apply proper handling of supplies and equipment necessary for all endoscopic procedures.
- Follows Universal Protocol procedure.
- Ability to handle any variation in the plan of care in a calm, efficient manner.
- Assist with positioning and prep of the patient.
- Helps out on other units of the hospital as the need arises.
- Maintains patient environment by stocking rooms and/or cleaning of equipment as assigned.
- Understanding of, and ability to be primary assist with all Endoscopic procedures.
- Able to assist with ERCP.
- Individualizes plans of care based on procedure.
- Anticipates patient's needs.
- Reinforce patient teaching within scope of practice.
- Promotes TEAM work with all co-workers.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and act on patient variances from established plan.
- Reassessment of patient condition is completed and documented according to standards and patient status. Any changes in condition are responded to quickly and appropriately.
- Reports to doctor any variation patients have from established plan or change in patient condition.
- Plans and organizes self to meet patient needs within shift and beyond as necessary.
- Ability to organize self to meet patient care requirements within scheduled shift.
- Coordinates multidisciplinary team to meet patient care needs.
Observation/Data Collection for R.N.
- Completes documentation record at end of each case.
- Maintains standards of patient care per SGNA standards.
- Ability to obtain and/or input data into computer.
- Demonstrates accuracy in data collection with utilization of record and patient chart for:
2) Moderate Sedation paperwork.
3) Informed consent with signatures, date, and time.
4) Universal Protocol Checklist.
- Anticipates potential and actual safety hazards and removes equipment from patient care area and initiates a computer generated work order.
- Practices universal precautions and infection control techniques in daily patient care activities.
- Knowledge of cleaning, reprocessing, and infection control for all equipment.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment for our patients, visitors, and staff.
- Accurately uses the hospital information system to enter and retrieve patient data.
- Ability to perform Manometry, Capsule Endoscopy, and Bravo PH testing and input/retrieve data from operating systems.
- Demonstrates complete order entry of all tests and procedures.
- Ability to input data completely and accurately into PACS.
- Appropriately reports any incidents on the unit.
- Demonstrates positive attitude towards cross training and flexing of shifts.
- Maintains accountability for actions and following guidelines.
- Is able to recognize priorities of patient care and act accordingly.
- Is able to adjust to accommodate changes in work assignment.
- Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling when unit/patient/staffing needs arise.
- Demonstrates flexibility in patient and unit assignments.
- Treats the people we serve as our guests.
- Respects the privacy and confidentiality of patients, visitors, and staff.
- Uses the telephone professionally.
- Listens to patients, visitors, and staff then acts promptly to address concerns.
- Anticipates what services and information people need and takes action to provide it.
- Takes information from staffing meetings, changes in standards and new products and leads with it.
- Ability to appropriately handle incidents on the unit, communicates information to the appropriate people, and completes occurrence documentation into electronic system.
- Functions in the role of charge nurse and has the ability to delegate and prioritize needs of the unit.
- Promotes team work on the unit.
- Recognizes and assures appropriate staffing patterns based on established standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to staff share to assure house-wide staffing pattern.
- communicates in a positive manner with staff throughout shifts regarding unit and staff planning.
- Completes all mandatory educational requirements.
- Completes all annual required competencies.
- Maintains knowledge of SGNA standards of practice.
- Seeks learning experiences.
- Appropriately shares knowledge with coworkers.
- Involvement in community education.
- Accepts constructive criticism.
- Follows through with suggestions and/or recommendations.
- Is accountable for all information/in-service education that is disseminated via computer, postings, staff meetings, etc.
- Presents a professional image.
- Is a positive part of our service team.
Is flexible in assuming other appropriate responsibilities not noted above.
Experience - Previous Medical Surgical experience preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Licensure - Current NYS Registered Nursing license
Certifications - Will obtain BLS during introductory period. ACLS certification must be obtained prior to completion of the introductory period.
Physical Requirements - Good dexterity and ability to stand in place for extended periods of time. Ability to move or lift patients with assistance.
Cayuga Health System Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Cayuga Health System commits to treat all people with dignity so that everyone who comes to us is safe, cared for, and respected. We will support the growth of our employees and the health of our community by embracing the rich diversity of social and cultural identities, needs, and life circumstances of all people. We strive to recognize and overcome personal biases and systemic policies that marginalize others and contribute to disparities in healthcare access, equitable care, and good health outcomes.
Cayuga Health is dedicated to our vision for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As we strive towards our vision, we welcome the opportunity to work alongside a diverse range of employees.
Cayuga Medical Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Cayuga Medical Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?