Department Assistant - Outpatient Physical Therapy
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Department Assistant
Department: Physical Therapy
Reports To: Director, Physical Therapy
This position is responsible for scheduling and registering patients. Must be proficient in phone/voicemail management, computer skills, communication skills, and team work. This position will collect visit co-pays and have knowledge with insurance program requirements. This position will assist with daily clinic cleaning. Flexible with all shifts including opening and closing clinic.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Opening and closing clinic(s)
- Phone and voicemail management
- Proficient in fax/copier unit, scanner, credit card machine, and coffee maker
- New patient registration
- Scheduling new and reoccurring patients
- Collect applicable co-pays/co-insurance
- Provide patient appointment reminder calls
- Maintain temperature logs
- Maintain waiting room cleanliness
- Clean/sanitize treatment rooms, tables, and equipment
- Is flexible in assuming other appropriate responsibilities not noted above.
- High School Diploma
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assess situations and make decisions
- Must complete yearly mandatory safety in-services and/or trainings
- Must complete yearly Healthstream e-Learning Courses
- Must adhere to patient safety "Red Rules" and infection prevention policies
Education - High School Diploma
Experience - preferred
Licensure - N/A
Physical Requirements -
- Ability to sit for 4+ hours per day/shift
- Ability to carry and lift a minimum of 20#
Hours/Shifts: This position would provide coverage at our Brentwood and Cortland clinics. Clinic hours are Mon-Th 7a-6p, Fri 7a-4p. Employee hours will fall within those, typically scheduled weeks to a month ahead, with flexibility needed for call-offs, therapist patient caseload volume, etc.
Cayuga Health System Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Cayuga Health System commits to treat all people with dignity so that everyone who comes to us is safe, cared for, and respected. We will support the growth of our employees and the health of our community by embracing the rich diversity of social and cultural identities, needs, and life circumstances of all people. We strive to recognize and overcome personal biases and systemic policies that marginalize others and contribute to disparities in healthcare access, equitable care, and good health outcomes.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Cayuga Medical Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Cayuga Medical Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?