Cashier | Store #066
Cavenders Lafayette, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cashiers are to greet and thank every customer who enters and leaves the store. Cashiers must be proficient in all aspects of the Cavender’s Boot City cashiering system and knowledgeable of all paperwork associated with each cashiering entry. Cashiers are also responsible for keeping the store neat and clean, and must always answer the phone with an enthusiastic response and professional manner. Cashiers will support our management staff with miscellaneous tasks like stocking, visual displays, special orders, and all basic house-keeping needs.
- Support the “Cavender’s Culture” and drive our Mission, Vision, and Values
- Serve as a strategic partner and key support resource to the company
- Perform cashiering tasks accurately and efficiently
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized
- Be knowledgeable about CBC policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable of all CBC cashiering transactions:
- Cash Sales
- Check Sales
- Non-taxable sales
- Credit Cards
- Enter all sales and monies in register at time of sale
- Help stock merchandise and straighten store as needed
- Suggest possible add-on purchases to the customer and promote store specials
- Report to work promptly, neatly groomed, and appropriately attired
- Be security conscious at all times
- Provide knowledgeable responses to phone inquiries (e.g. sales, promotions, store location, price, and inventory)
- Keep updated on sale promotions (items/prices/etc.)
- Practice inventory control on boots
- Check for boot mis-mates
- Follow the company policy on all commission sales; validate all sales tickets
- Perform all other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Work with supervisors to understand all actions needed to impact the desired goals set by the company (i.e. ADS / UPT’s / Company or Vendor PM’s)
- Ensure you deliver the B.E.S.T customer service. (Be inviting: ensure your building and staff looks great. Exceed expectations: be the expert and train your staff to be knowledgeable. Suggestive selling: be aware of all sales and ensure you help each guest find what they are looking for. Thank and invite: ensure we tell each guest how much we appreciate them for picking Cavender’s.)
Knowledge, Requirements, and Skills
- Job requires associate to raise or lower objects from one level to another regularly during shift
- Ability to comprehend basic instructions
- Ability to interpret documents
- Ability to apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks
- Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond
- Associate must be able to read English.
- Associate must be able to understand English
- Associate must be able to stay alert during work hours assigned
Cavender’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, military status, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Cavender’s will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with a disability upon request. If you have a disability and need assistance completing the application, please call Customer Service at (844) 283 – 8423 or visit your nearest Cavender’s store.
CavendersWhy Work Here?
Excellent East Texas Culture in a Highly Successful Specialty Retailer
At Cavender’s, we consider everyone family. Whether you shop with us or work with us, we strive to make sure you feel like you are part of our Cavender’s family. James R. Cavender founded our company over 50 years ago with a vision to provide the best value, selection, and service in the western wear business. Today, guided by that vision, Cavender’s has grown to over 80 stores in 11 states including a thriving e-commerce business and no plans to stop. Our past is full of iconic moments, but the road ahead is even more exciting! We're looking for people with a passion for the western lifestyle to help Cavender’s continue to grow as America’s premier western and work-wear retailer.
130 Tucker DrLafayette, LA