Mortgage Compliance Specialist
- Expired: June 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
CountryPlace Mortgage is a nationwide personal property and mortgage lender. CountryPlace is seeking a Mortgage Compliance Specialist for the Addison, TX office. The Mortgage Compliance Specialist assists the Compliance Manager in researching compliance laws and regulations that affect the mortgage and chattel business. Assist in implementing policy and procedure changes for the different departments within the company. Responsible for maintaining all company license and bond requirements.
• Review and prepare loan files for state examinations
• Perform a variety of specialized duties requiring knowledge of the Secure and Fair
Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act), NMLS registration and state
licensing registration requirements
• Prepare quarterly NMLS Mortgage Call Reports
• Prepare and manage state annual reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing
information for state submissions
• Manage NMLS license and bond renewals for the company and loan officers
• Ensure all reconciliation of MERS data and other data integrity processes are completed
• Specialized research skills and the ability to learn and maintain knowledge of state
lending/licensing laws using online research tools
• Research processes, write policies and procedures based on the position and regulatory
• Assist in employee annual training preparation and policy dissemination
Criteria a plus but not required
• Have knowledge of HMDA requirements and assist in preparing annual report
• Understand the mortgage regulations for originating and servicing a loan
• Ability to read and interpret rules published by the CFPB that affect RESPA, TILA, HMDA, ECOA and other mortgage related compliance regulations
• Knowledge of FHA, Conventional, and VA loan types
• Quality control or mortgage regulatory experience, preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently
• Strong researching and critical thinking skills
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
• Understanding of maintaining the confidentiality of non-public information needed to
Salary Range: $40K-$55K depending on experience
CountryPlace Mortgage Ltd. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Get fresh Work From Home Mortgage Lender jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.