Scheduling Project Coordinator
Location: CHATTANOOGA, TENNESSEE, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2019-R0256722
Post Date: 1 day ago
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TN > CHATTANOOGA > CHATTANOOGA HEART - MAIN
Responsible for making patient appointments, rescheduling appointments and no-shows and answering all incoming scheduling calls for all offices from patients, referring physicians and hospitals. Responsible for understanding all functions of scheduling and hospital scheduling in order to provide management with high level cross coverage ability and working with staff to increase quality of processes and improve productivity.
- Train scheduling staff as needed.
- Working assigned reports and projects for scheduling manager.
- Assist Scheduling Manager/Supervisor when supervisors on vacation.
- Check patients in at time of appointment, this includes but is not limited to verifying insurance, collection of copays, updating demographics, downloading medication list from ePrescribe, MSSP forms completions, scanning insurance card and verifying insurance, completion of HIPAA forms and creating a fee ticket for the clinical staff.
- Check patients out - this includes but is not limited to making a return appointment, collecting account balance, copays, co0insurnace, creating recall, schedule appropriate imaging, labs, radiology, pulmonary tests with the appropriate hospital location and coordinate with upcoming appointment with physicians, creating patient portal tokens and explaining patient portal instructions, and directing the patient to the correct location to schedule imaging or hospital procedures.
- Scheduling and entering imaging and lab orders into EHR.
- Cross cover in all areas of scheduling and at all locations.
- Weekly recall report - Call the patients, schedule appointments with physician or for imaging and lab and send reminder card per guidelines.
- Receive and complete scheduling tasks within the practice management system.
- Ensure all physician schedules are filled and scheduled appropriately including making reminder calls to patients.
- Attend staff meetings to ensure an understanding of new processes and discussion opportunities.
- Schedule appointments with physicians outside practice at the request of clinicians.
- Proactive participation in ensuring appropriate patient access into the practice.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or more years in a medical office environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organizationvalues and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at alltimes.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values: Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for allcreation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God andacknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us. Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty andsincerity as a basis of trustworthiness. Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in theirsorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of thehuman community. Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continuallysurpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive dataat all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specificsafety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of teammembers.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interactseffectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and thebroader health care community.
position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about you criminal
history in order to be considered for this position.
CatholicHealth Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers(F/M/Vet/Disabled)CBCHI
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0256722
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI Memorial
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America's Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you're here because you're looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We're confident you'll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation's largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic