Location: LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2019-R0243803
Post Date: 6 hours ago
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: KY > LEXINGTON > SAINT JOSEPH EAST
Job Summary / Purpose
Provides nursing care according to the nursing process,
including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementing and evaluating. Implements appropriate nursing care
interventions. Administers medications
and treatments in accordance with physician orders and established nursing
policies and procedures. Care provided
is based on defined standards of patient care and nursing evidence-based
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge andskills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
2. Performsassessment and analyzespatient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine needfor standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
3. Implementsand/or modifies plan ofcare using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practiceinclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and familyeducation, and discharge planning.Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
4. Integratesethical provisions in nursingpractice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patientautonomy, dignity and rights.
5. Administersmedications, IV therapy,and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
6. Evaluatesprogress towards attainmentof desired patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrateseffective on-goingobservations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to theinterventions and changes in condition.
8. Documentsassessments andinterventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
9. Utilizesresources appropriately andfollows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical suppliesand equipment.
10. Assignsor delegates tasks todesignated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient,complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
11. Collaborateswith new employees andpeers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing throughsupport for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
12. Other duties as assigned.
RequiredEducation (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor throughPresident)
Does Not Apply
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Current RN license in the State ofKentucky, BSN preferred. New hire RN's have 2 years from hire date to enrollin BSN program and it must be completed within 5 years of hire.
Required Licensure andCertifications
CurrentRN license in the State of Kentucky. BLS required. See attached grid forrequired certifications.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills andAbilities
Graduate of an accredited school ofnursing required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0243803
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Chances are, you're here because you're looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We're confident you'll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation's largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic