Full Time, 7a-7p, Saint Joseph Hospital
Medical Surgical Units
4A Medical/Surgical - 38 Bed Unit
Top 10 Diagnosis/Procedures: COPD, Renal Failure, Diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Cellulitis, Incision and drainage procedures with wound vac, Small bowel obstructions, diverticulitis/colitis/Irritable bowel syndrome and amputations.
3B Medical/Surgical - 34 Bed Unit
Top 10 Diagnosis/Procedures: Colon resection, Urology Surgery, Amputations, Abdominal surgeries, Cancer Telemetry.
Orthopedics (Ortho) - 25 Bed Unit
Top 10 Diagnosis/Procedures: Arthritis, Total hip and knee replacements, Fractures, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Herniated Disc, Laminectomy , Discectomy, Kyphoplasty, Lumbar fusion, Ankle and shoulder repair, Crainiotomy, Spinal stimulator, intrathecal pain pump.
5B Telemetry - 23 Bed Unit
Top 10 Diagnosis/Procedures: CHF, A-Fib, Overdose, Endocarditis, Pneumonia, Sepsis
Interventional Cardiac Unit (4IC) - 32 Bed Unit
Top 10 Diagnosis/Procedures: Pre/post cardiac catheterization (elective procedure, non-stemi, stemi), pre/post pacemaker and/or ICD placement, pre/post cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter, cardio version either at bedside or in EP lab. Observe patients started on Sotolol and Tiksosyn therapy, prior to CABG surgery care, pre/post TAVR procedure, heart arrhythmias, COPD/CHF exacerbation, pulls arterial sheaths at bedside.
Nurse Patient Ratio: 1:4
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient's individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Monitoring patients' conditions and assessing their needs
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Administering patients' medications and providing treatments according to physicians' orders
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
- Additional certification or licensure may be required for some specialty areas
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0241955
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health