Polysom Technician - Lead
Location: BREMERTON, WASHINGTON, UNITED STATES
Field: Professional Clinical/Allied Health
Requisition #: 2019-R0237508
Post Date: 12 hours ago
Facility: Harrison Medical Center
Department: Sleep Lab
Location: Bremerton, WA
Status: Full Time
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Under the supervision of the Sleep lab Manager, performs diagnostic sleep procedures for patients as ordered by a physician, and in accordance with established protocols, standards and practices. Work requires thorough knowledge of the function and safe operation of equipment used to monitor and record breathing, electroencephlograms, electrocardiograms, electromyograms, and pulse oximetry.
- Performs, observes and records daytime and overnight sleep/EEG procedures.
- Scores sleep study results and generates reports for interpretation by physician.
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with department protocol.
- Maintains laboratory with supplies and keeps equipment in clean operating condition.
- Performs lead duties for work unit which may include monitoring of staff performance, coaching, conducting formal performance evaluations, providing on-the-job training to new or lower-level employees, monitoring workflow, preparing work schedules, pre-screening job applicants, and assisting with complex/unprecedented/ambiguous matters.
- Successful completion of an American Board of Sleep Medicine (AMSM) accepted educational program leading to an Associate degree with an emphasis in polysomnography, OR
- Successful completion of a polysomnography program of no less than one year duration associated with a state licensed and /or nationally accredited educational facility
- One year of work experience at a senior level, prior work experience int he field of cardiopulmonary medicine, Sleep or EEG, or any combination of experience or education that would demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of this position.
- Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT).
- Current registration as an EEG Technician through the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET) preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0237508
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan Harrison Medical Center
Chances are, you're here because you're looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We're confident you'll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation's largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic