LPN Clinic PRN
Location: BRECKENRIDGE, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2019-R0240456
Post Date: 5 hours ago
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: MN > BRECKENRIDGE > ST FRANCIS MEDICAL CENTER
Job Summary / Purpose
Under the supervision of a
Registered Nurse or Provider, Licensed Practical Nurse functions as a vital
member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success of the practice
by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism,
and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and
evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Performsbasic nursing care to patients by following established standards andprocedures.
2. Collectspatient data such as vital signs; notes how the patient looks and acts, orresponds to stimuli, and reports this information accordingly.
3. Preparesand administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds, and changesbandages.
4. Preparespatient records and files using established medical record forms/automatedsystems and documentation practices.
5. Administerscertain prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progressand patient response.
6. Participatesin the implementation and evaluation of patient care based on practiceguidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
7. Monitorsand documents treatment progress and patient response.
8. Conveysinformation to patients and families about health status, health maintenance,and management of acute and chronic conditions.
9. Participatesin teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
Non-essential Job Responsibilities
1. Other duties as assigned by management
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing program.
Must have current/valid Licensed Practical Nurse license from the state licensing board.
Must have current healthcare provider CPR (Basic Life Support) certification
Required Minimum Experience
1 year experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
**** Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet navigation, database management, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, and graphic presentation packages.
Knowledge of basic nursing processes, and understanding of health care technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
Maintain a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0240456
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: CHI St. Francis Health
Chances are, you're here because you're looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We're confident you'll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation's largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic