The Director of Cemeteries is responsible for executing the strategic goals of all CFCS locations including sales, services, operations, grounds, and administration. The Director of Cemeteries will develop and execute a strategic plan aligned with the CFCS national playbook – The CFCS Way. This plan will drive growth, builds the team, builds partnerships, engages the market, and serves families through CFCS programs. Within the Hawaiian market, the CFCS enterprise is a start-up, providing room to learn the operation from the ground up as it's being created. As a result, the role will be functioning in all capacities for some time.
The Director of Cemeteries will demonstrate by example, CFCS's Core Values; Share the Journey, Serve with Care, and Make It Happen, in all their dealings with families, staff, and internal/external contacts.
Reporting to the Divisional Director, the Director of Cemeteries will be the face of CFCS within the entire Hawaii market. They will be part of the Western Division team, supported by the Divisional Director's team of functional experts, including: Operations, Marketing, Development, Training, and FP&A. They will have significant interactions with the leadership of the Diocese of Honolulu, at whose encouragement we are building this enterprise.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand The CFCS Way and execute in coordination with the Divisional Director
- Take responsibility for the results of the Hawaiian operation
- Maintain market awareness and develop strategy to drive the enterprise forward
- Build and support a team as the growth of the organization dictates
- Cultivate key relationships within the national CFCS organization and the Church locally
Position Requirements Include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
- Proven leadership and success in business growth, preferably over multiple locations
- Comfortable developing and executing strategic plans, financial targets, marketing plans, and implementing growth strategies to improve financial performance of each location
- Experienced in financial planning and understanding key financial reporting metrics
- Capable of expanding business to new organizations, communities, and groups of people
- Knowledgeable of market conditions and competitor strengths/weaknesses
- Possess the ability to coach and motivate others to achieve greater results
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated leadership serving the faith community
- Proficient in the use of computers, software, and technology
- Valid state issued driver's license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required
Qualifications and Skills
- College degree preferred
- 4-6 years of experience managing multiple locations, preferably in a consumer business
- Proven leadership in a public-facing, sales-driven, client services environment
- Experience hiring and developing a team
CFCS offers excellent compensation for motivated individuals, which includes a base salary plus incentive compensation. Benefits include medical, dental, paid vacation and sick days, as well as retirement benefits. As a national organization, we offer growth opportunities and potential geographic mobility.
CFCS invests heavily in the professional development of our team members and in providing opportunities to form peer relationships around the country.
Employment will go to those individuals whose knowledge, skills, and experience most closely qualifies them for the position offered without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
CFCS is a nationwide organization providing management, turnaround, and start-up services to the Catholic Church's cemetery and funeral ministries. We have served over 30 dioceses in our short ten-year history and have ourselves functioned as a high-growth start-up within the Church. Our organization has been entirely self-funded and now has attracted private capital to assist in this mission.
CFCS is a charitable organization applying modern business practices to further key ministries of the Catholic Church. Through CFCS Management Services and CFCS Capital the Church has access to both these business practices and private funding willing to invest in that success.
Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services