Customer Service (Part time Funeral Assistant)
- $18 Hourly
Want to provide compassionate service to grieving families?
Interested in a foot in the door in a critical service industry?
Looking for part time, flexible work?
Funeral Assistants provide support to the Family Service Directors (Funeral Directors) before, during, and after Funeral Services. This includes ensuring the highest standards for family service by greeting arriving families, being attentive to family needs during the service, and being watchful for the safety of families. Funeral Assistants are also involved in maintaining the service environment which includes setting up services and supplies, placing signage to direct families, maintaining cleanliness gathering areas and other family facing areas, and other items as directed by the Family Service Director.
Funeral Assistants are part time and work varied shifts.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years customer service including direct contact with the public
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License and proof of insurance.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and technologies.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable viewing deceased persons.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Evening and some weekend work required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Physical agility is required: sitting, standing, walking, bending legs and spine.
- Ability to regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Hourly wage starting of $17.50 with advancement potential!
Get to know us...
CFCS partners with Dioceses across the U.S. in the operation of their cemeteries. We are founded in faith and provide a vibrant community for employees and families we serve. We've been doing this for 20+ years and have developed tools to help each person grow in their role, in the industry, and in service to families.
The work we do is founded in our Core Values-Share the Journey, Serve with Care, and Make It Happen
Catholic Funeral & Cemetery ServicesSan Pablo, CA
Get fresh Customer Service (Part time Funeral Assistant) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.