Administrative Assistant Crematory Prep Room
Immediate Hire Part time (1-5pm and may offer flexible hours on weekends) to Full Time
Sorenson Chapel, Oakland
**This position is working in the Crematory Decedent Prep Room**
Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
This is a very fast paced environment that requires the ability to be exceptional in multi-tasking and organizational skills
The Administrative Assistant is the face and voice of a CFCS location–often, the very first person that a family member will see or talk to–and is responsible for making a good first impression when greeting walk-ins or answering inbound calls.
The Administrative Assistant is a multitasking position, taking on both administrative and receptionist duties, and is an important resource for making things happen and making things run smoothly.
The receptionist will have a working knowledge of the cemetery and/or funeral center operations, processes, and procedures.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will demonstrate by example, CFCS’ Core Values–Share the Journey, Serve with Care, and Make It Happen–in all their dealings with families, staff, and internal/external contacts.
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, reporting to the Business Manager, interacts with internal departments and location staff, individuals and families, and other external service providers.
Prerequisites: Proficient with MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Education & Experience: High School diploma/GED, some college preferred, and/or 2-4 years of experience in an office environment, performing administrative and clerical duties, receiving multiple inbound calls, and having direct contact with the public
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
• Understanding the Order of Christian Funerals
• Able to conduct oneself with a “Family First” approach
• Knowledge of administrative, clerical procedures, and office systems
• Familiar with principles and processes for serving customers
Manage rotating schedule for Family Services
• Able to multi-task (i.e., perform administrative tasks, answer phones, receive visitors, provide general information to the public)
•The ability to resolve issues independently
• Ability to coordinate with many internal departments and external providers
• Acts in a courteous, professional, and customer-focused manner
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
• Strong time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines
Proficient in the use of computers, software, and various computer technologies
• Bilingual Preferred (Spanish)
Licenses & Certifications
Valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required
Ability to lift or move objects weighing between 25-30 lbs.
Powered by JazzHR
Catholic Funeral & Cemetery ServicesHayward, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.