Job Coach 3-10-293
Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona Tucson, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Catholic Community Services
Want to make a positive change in the lives of others?
You will find plenty of opportunity here!
Want to work in an environment where you will be respected and valued?
You will find that here too!
About this opportunity
Position: Job Coach - Program Specialist
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package, including:
Up to 27 paid days off during your first year, including 10 paid holidays
Health Insurance (CCS covers nearly 100 percent of cost of employee coverage)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Voluntary short-term disability, hospital confinement indemnity; accident, critical illness insurance
Section 125 Healthcare Reimbursement Account
Section 125 Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Ongoing training and development
Provides client supervision and training in a community work setting. Oversees client schedules, worksite activities, facilitates client job orientation and training. Implements job readiness routines, and assists with client behavior assessments and modification plan development. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Implements job readiness routines and/or daily living routines, i.e., hygiene, dress, transportation, punctuality, etc.
- Plans, programs, schedules and conducts community integration and vocational activities
- Obtains referrals and assesses client for ability to work
- Works under the DDD and VR contracts and assures that contractual requirements are met
- Serves as liaison and primary communicator to program affiliated businesses
- Facilitates client group meetings to include safety training and work schedules
- Works along with client providing training and assistance
- Required to meet work site job tasks and may need to complete clients work schedule as needed
- Oversees development and execution of consumer employment plans
- Assists with client behavior assessments and assists in the development of modification plans; provides behavioral management and social adjustment training
- Assists in evaluating clients, i.e., vocational special needs, and makes recommendations, i.e., adaptive aides/goals, etc.
- Assures completion of required paperwork and reports, i.e., productivity records, attendance, reinforcement of schedules, payroll reports, behavioral checklists, quality control and progress towards goals, while maintaining confidentiality
- Keeps the interdisciplinary team apprised of changes/important information
- Reviews all client work, addressing training needs, supports and environmental adaptations needed at the work site.
- Provides oversite at assigned community worksites, assuring continuity between workers and work contracts, staff and staffing pattern
- Works as a team with staff, supervising daily flow of work and staff interactions
- Monitors worksite contracts, and facilitates client job orientation and training to ensure that client behavior meets acceptable community standards for the setting
- Maintains current job site including employee relationships, client productivity and client progress
- Conducts or assists with staff training, in conjunction with supervisor
- Coordinates, conducts and documents fire drills, as required
- May drive agency or personal vehicle on company business
Suitable work experience may be considered as transferable skills in order to meet minimum requirements of the position, and will be considered by the Corporate Director of Human Resources.
- High School / GED
- One year of experience working with people with disabilities
- Knowledge of job development and job coaching techniques
- Ability to work independent of direct supervision
- Proven ability to lift 25 lbs 10% of the time
- At least 18 years of age
- Obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card and pass drug screening
- Valid Arizona Driver License, proof of insurance and Arizona Motor Vehicle Division 39 month Motor Vehicle Report
- Associates in related field
- Additional years of directly related experience
- American Sign Language skills or willingness to learn
- One year of customer service experience
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Training in Article 9 and Prevention and Support Training Certificate
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
We are an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer for all individuals. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona strengthens families, supports communities, provides compassionate services, and strives for excellence. For more information visit our website at: www.ccs-soaz.org
Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona
EducationView all jobs at Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona