School Bus Drive II
Catholic Charities Daly City, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CYO Transportation, a program of Catholic Charities CYO, provides school bus services to a variety of public, private, and parochial schools, as well as numerous youth-serving organizations.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the School Bus Driver II will operate and maintain school buses to transport students safely and efficiently to an assigned location using a designated route; perform regular safety inspections; load, and unload luggage; prepare a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities. The School Bus Driver II is required to have completed 180 days as a School Bus Driver 1 at CYO Transportation or equivalent experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive a school bus along a designated route: pick up and discharge students in accordance with time schedules; stop traffic and escort students across streets as necessary.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices; assure compliance with applicable traffic and student transportation laws, codes and regulations.
- Maintain order and discipline among passengers on the bus and while waiting on the bus and waiting at the bus stops in accordance with each school’s policies related to disciplining students.
- Conduct required daily safety inspections of buses, inspecting the interior, exterior and engine of the vehicles; report mechanical malfunctions or other problems as required.
- Maintain buses in a clean and safe operation condition; sweep and clean buses; refuel vehicles as necessary.
- Transport students, faculty and parents on field trips or other events; meet scheduled departure and arrival times as assigned; load and unload luggage.
- Determine appropriate action in potential or real medical emergency situations according to established guidelines; administer first aid to passengers as needed.
- Utilize two-way radios for bus to bus and bus to base communications.
- Maintain routine records related to assigned activities.
- Attend safety meetings and programs as assigned.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Valid Class A or B license with passenger, school bus and air brake endorsement.
- Valid California School Bus Driver Special Certificate
- Valid DL 51Medical or equivalent.
- Valid First Aid Certification issued by an authorized agency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Safe and defensive driving practices.
- Proper and safe operation of a school bus
- Applicable traffic and student transportation laws, codes and regulations.
- Basic First Aid procedures.
- Basic record keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain bus in clean and proper working conditions.
- Operate a two-way radio.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
Catholic Charities is one of the largest, most comprehensive human services agencies in Northern California, reaching more than 32,000 individuals a year in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin counties. We tackle some of the most pressing challenges in our community – homelessness, generational poverty, inequality, aging in isolation, HIV-AIDS, and immigration to name a few – with determination, expertise, and collaborative problem-solving with those we serve. As an integral part of our communities, we work to keep our neighborhoods diverse, productive, safe, and healthy through our more than 30 programs, comprehensive services, and social justice advocacy.. We bolster our neighbors – single mothers, adults and families experiencing homelessness, adults with disabilities, seniors, children and youth, people living with HIV/AIDS, and immigrants – when they need help, solutions, and hope. We are compassionate caregivers, ardent advocates, and champions of those in need. If you are eager to have a substantive impact on the lives of others and the health of our community, apply here. Join us as we change lives.
AddressDaly City, CA
TravelView all jobs at Catholic Charities