- Posted: August 09, 2022
Decatur Catholic Charities is seeking a dynamic leader for the position of Area Director. Since its beginning in 1944, Decatur Catholic Charities has been serving people of all faiths in the greater Decatur area and throughout the counties of Macon, Moutrie and Shelby. The agency has earned national accreditation through COA, the Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services, which certifies that programs meet best practice social service standards. Decatur Catholic Charities is an operating division of Catholic Charities in the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois which is registered Illinois Not for Profit corporation with 501(c)(3) status.
Decatur Catholic Charities provides a wide array of services including among others Meals on Wheels, Elderly Guardianship, School Counseling, Catholic Charities Legal Services, Health Connect, 4 Seasons Resale Store and Faith in Action as well as a traditional and mobile food pantry program. The agency is supported by hundreds of volunteers including a local Advisory Board.
Catholic Charities provides a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package including generous paid time off benefits, pension and excellent health insurance. As a faith based ministry, Decatur Catholic Charities espouses the social values of the Church and the works daily to fulfill the mandate to serve the poor. As a leader in social services in Decatur for nearly 8 decades, Catholic Charities enjoys a positive community reputation and a myriad of public and private partnerships that help to ensure the needs of our clients are being met.
Job Description: Responsible for day to day coordination of direct service programs through the supervision of the direct service supervisors; to provide management of the area office including budget, board interactions, community liaison responsibilities, building maintenance and provide appropriate recommendations to the Director of Operations regarding personnel issues. It is the role of the Area Director to implement the mission of Catholic Charities through the existing programs.
1. Responsible for the supervision and approval of the day to day operations of the area office and the programs offered.
2. Responsible for the supervision of all staff including the therapists, foster care and adoption, support and maintenance staff within the area office.
3. Responsible for community relations development including involvement in the local United Way.
4. Responsible for ongoing relations, organization and solicitation of appropriate reviews with the area advisory board.
5. Responsible for the provision of direct services as assigned by Executive Director or his designee.
6. Responsible for keeping the Director of Operations informed, on a regular basis, of the problems, progress, successes and needs of the area office and the area advisory board.
7. Provide assigned direct services on a regular basis as needed with individual cases.
8. Provide supervision of professional staff of the office on an individual or group basis.
9. Insure timely completion of all required documentation related to all programs.
10. Provide liaison responsibilities within Catholic Charities organization and between Catholic Charities and other community organizations.
11. Direct and make recommendations regarding all area office personnel including hiring, terminations, discipline and evaluations adhering to all agency policies and procedures in the performance of these duties.
12. Oversee the mechanical and housekeeping duties of the area office.
13. Serve as fiscal officer for the area office approving all purchases within specified agency guidelines.
14. Maintain positive and professional community contacts with local agencies including United Way, DCFS, courts, policy, city, etc.
15. In coordination with the Child Welfare Department arrange for in-house staff development. (in offices with Child Welfare Services)
16. Establish and participate in regularly scheduled consultations with Director of Operations to report on the progress and issues relevant to the area office operations.
17. Provide information and program updates to the area advisory board concerning the operations of the office.
18. In conjunction with the area advisory board, Director of Finance and Operations and the Executive Director develop the proposed annual budget and monitor the budget on a monthly basis.
19. Assist the area advisory board in meeting bylaw requirements for meeting notices, minutes, selection of new board members, meeting agenda, etc.
20. In conjunction with the area advisory board, monitor the manuals of policies and procedures for recommended changes to the Executive Director.
21. In conjunction with the area advisory board, provide an ongoing assessment of community needs and services.
22. Assist in the development of new programs with advice and direction from the area advisory board.
23. Participate in planning, development and implementation of new or expanded programming under the direction of the Executive Director.
24. Work in a positive, cooperative spirit with the Child Welfare Department of Administration in developing, enhancing and maintaining the quality of existing program.
25. Report to the Director of Operations needs and problems with personnel within the area office and follow existing procedures.
26. Other Duties as assigned
Reports To: Director of Operations
1. Master’s degree in a human service related field plus a minimum of three years experience in supervision, preferably in a social service discipline.
2. Maturity, flexibility and demonstrated initiative.
3. Ability to pass all required tests.
BusinessView all jobs at Catholic Charities