Are you passionate about making a difference in others' lives? Then come join the Straight and Narrow team!
Headquartered in Paterson, NJ, Straight and Narrow is the largest program of its kind. We provide innovative and compassionate services to individuals struggling with substance use and co-occurring disorders. We are looking for dedicated, caring and compassionate people to work in our Residential/Outpatient Treatment Facilities and Community Programs.
Administrative Assistant - IDRC
Schedule per week: Monday 9:00am - 4:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00am - 2:00pm and Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm
Location: Passaic, NJ
Position Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide 48-Hour IDP personnel with client scheduling request.
- Obtain weekly program roster of scheduled clients from IDP.
- Add sufficient number of rescheduled 48-Hour clients to meet IDRC matrix of 85 clients scheduled for each program.
- Enter disposition of IDP scheduled 48-Hour clients on roster, and return it to IDP.
- Mail Non-Compliance Reports to 48-Hour clients within 7 days of Non-Compliance.
- Forward Non-Compliance, if necessary, after 10 days to Court of Conviction.
- Forward Non-Compliance, if necessary, after 30 days to IDP.
- Maintain all records of 48-Hour Non-Compliance and enter into client's chart.
- Record all communications with 48-Hour clients in their individual files.
- Copy all 48-Hour treatment documents and mail them to the selected treatment provider within 7 days of each program.
- Mail 48-Hour client's chart to his/her local IDRC for treatment monitoring and record keeping.
- Maintain copies of all 48-Hour rosters.
- Record and maintain all 48-Hour transfers to and from other IDRC's.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain client's privacy in accordance with Federal laws regulating confidentiality.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Director.
- Answer telephone calls in a polite and helpful manner.
- Request caller’s name and nature business.
- Obtain caller's file, if available, and attempt to respond to caller's questions or concerns. If unable to satisfy caller's needs, the call may be transferred to a supervisor.
- Prior to transferring a call, advise the supervisor of the caller's name and nature of business, and hand caller's file to supervisor.
- Return all phone calls within 24 hours.
- Send and receive facsimiles.
- Immediately report all office machine and telephone problems to supervisor.
- Secure all client files and lock doors at end of business day.
High School or GED, 3 years Office Management Experience, Telephone Communication Skills, and Experience and aptitude using Microsoft Office Suite
For full time positions, we offer medical, vision, dental, life and supplemental life insurance. Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance, 403B with employer match, Paid Time off (PTO), in house training seminars, two training days for certified professionals. SN also offers supervision for those individuals trying to become licensed in NJ as a LCADC/CADC, LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC and LMFT. We participate in employee discount programs such as the Working Advantage program.