Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County seeks a strategic Director of Human Resources to develop and support staff to fulfill the mission of our Agency. The ideal candidate has experience in a multi-disciplinary, dynamic environment and can manage recruitment and onboarding, compensation and benefits, training and development, employee relations, risk management, compliance and regulatory matters. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, compassionate and fun culture!
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the agency’s human resource functions and acts as a coach to the Human Resources team, program leaders and agency managers. This exempt position reports to the CEO.
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible to:
· Direct and coach the Human Resources team in meeting their goals.
· Lead core HR functions, especially Compensation and Benefits; Recruitment, Hiring and On-boarding; Training and Development; Performance Management; Employee Relations, Risk Management and Conflict Resolution.
· Guide the development and updating of HR policies and processes.
· Provide guidance, tools, training and coaching to staff leadership, program management and agency leaders to help manage employee relations with skill, compassion and fairness.
· Develop, strengthen and implement conflict resolution processes with grace and compassion and facilitate team building problem resolution and decision making based on shared belief in the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
· Guide and strengthen strategies to improve recruiting, hiring, on boarding, compensation, recognition, evaluation, and career advancement opportunities to attract and retain highly qualified mission-driven and high performing staff.
· Provide oversight to benefits enrollment function to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
· Staff the Compensation Committee and Ad Hoc HR Taskforce
· Participate as a member of the Management team.
· Ensure all human resources programs, policies and processes are aligned with and reflect the mission, vision, values and goals of Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County.
Education, Experience, Certification and Skills Required
· Bachelor's Degree with Human Resources certificate; with a preference for an individual with a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or other relevant advanced degree.
Functional competencies — skills, knowledge & experience
At least 10 years of Human Resources leadership as a strategic HR business partner with multi-location purview.
Strong understanding of updated California employment laws and regulations.
Extensive experience in leadership development, coaching, and management training using adult learning practices.
Understanding of, and commitment to, the vision, mission and values of Catholic Charities.
Understanding of, and experience in, the nonprofit sector.
leadership & management/ behavioral competencies
Creative and strategic thinker who can communicate a vision and galvanize others behind that vision.
Ability to take vision or concept and establish strategy, objectives and action plan.
Ability to effectively execute and deliver on goals and action plans.
Consistent effectiveness in engaging others and facilitating group and individual decision making and problem resolution.
Strong training, coaching and mentoring skills
Ability to partner with others and obtain confidence and trust.
Demonstrated project management/change management skills
Highly skilled in conflict resolution.
Great listener, effective influencer and communicator
Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions both independently and collaboratively
Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
Analytically driven; fluent with data-driven analysis
Comfortable operating in a constantly changing environment
High energy and ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
Equally able to team with others or lead
Approachable, calm, even-keeled personality
Strong desire to help others, compassionate, objective and thoughtful advisor
Optimistic and forward-thinking
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and to reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Our compassion and commitment go beyond direct service and compel us to address the root causes of poverty. We are leading Step Up Silicon Valley, the Campaign to Cut Poverty, part of a nationwide effort started by Catholic Charities USA. We are working with a coalition of community-based organizations, interfaith allies, government representatives, and business leaders who are working to cut poverty in half in Santa Clara County by 2020.
Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County has been serving individuals and families for more than 60 years. While we are affiliated with the Diocese of San Jose, Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County is a separately incorporated nonprofit agency. We are self-funded and operate independently with a CEO, Board of Directors, and separate financial structure. We are part of the nation's largest social services network through our affiliation with Catholic Charities USA, which serves more than 7 million people each year.