Catholic Charities of San Francisco Half Moon Bay, CA
- Expired: May 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans as directed, age-appropriate curriculum for enrichment periods and extracurricular activities.
- Takes attendance, checks student temperatures and confirms the symptom checker has been completed by all students.
- Supports students by following a daily schedule, setting up of supplies, educational materials and program space for activity every day.
- Enforces all center PPE requirements and ensures that all aspects of the center’s functions meet The Department of Public Health’s regulations.
- Regularly sanitize and disinfect common use areas.
- Distributes, disinfects and exchanges laptops from cart when battery runs low.
- Mediates conflicts between children, focusing on “accountable- talk.”
- Supervises children during free play to ensure a healthy, safe and nurturing environment.
- Supervises groups of children, promoting safe behavior.
- Participates in staff meetings, as directed.
- Attends Trainings, as directed.
- Responds to emergencies according to directives present on Program Emergency Plan.
- Communicates with site principals for any Program needs.
- Prepares and submits Incident Reports on as needed basis.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Lead Teacher or Program Director
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent or 5 ECE Units
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year documented relevant experience in Child Development Field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child Development field and experience with class planning and implementation, as well as experience conducting observations of children and teaching staff.
- Understanding of the needs of the working poor and marginalized communities of color.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent Bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, twisting, and walking.
- Frequent Lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Driving is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to children ages 5 yeears to 15 years
- Exposure to outside weather conditions
- Noise level in work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally exposed to perfume or scents and cleaning products.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Catholic Charities of San Francisco
AddressHalf Moon Bay, CA
EducationView all jobs at Catholic Charities of San Francisco