Catholic Charities of San Francisco Half Moon Bay, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $28 to $30 Hourly
Catholic Charities Cabrillo STEAM Program provides out-of-school time care for school-age youth, 9-15 years of age. As an academic enrichment program, these services address educational deficiencies and build innate strengths by providing activities that promote healthy growth and development. The Cabrillo STEAM Program is equipped with indoor space for safe, supervised, and age-appropriate programming with an emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics.
The Out of School Time Teacher position will supervise and support a maximum of 14 children participating in the STEAM Program, ages ranging from 9 to 15, daily. Cabrillo STEAM Program is open M-F 8:00 am to 12:00pm. The schedule for this position is 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, M-F.
Hourly Wage $30.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans as directed, age-appropriate curriculum for enrichment periods and extracurricular activities.
- Takes attendance, checks student temperatures and confirms the symptom checker has been completed by all students.
- Supports students by following a daily schedule, setting up of supplies, educational materials and program space for activity every day.
- Enforces all center PPE requirements and ensures that all aspects of the center’s functions meet The Department of Public Health’s regulations.
- Regularly sanitize and disinfect common use areas.
- Distributes, disinfects and exchanges laptops from cart when battery runs low.
- Mediates conflicts between children, focusing on “accountable- talk.”
- Supervises children during free play to ensure a healthy, safe and nurturing environment.
- Supervises groups of children, promoting safe behavior.
- Participates in staff meetings, as directed.
- Attends Trainings, as directed.
- Responds to emergencies according to directives present on Program Emergency Plan.
- Communicates with site principals for any Program needs.
- Prepares and submits Incident Reports on as needed basis.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Lead Teacher or Program Director
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent or 5 ECE Units
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year documented relevant experience in Child Development Field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child Development field and experience with class planning and implementation, as well as experience conducting observations of children and teaching staff.
- Understanding of the needs of the working poor and marginalized communities of color.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent Bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, twisting, and walking.
- Frequent Lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Driving is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to children ages 5 yeears to 15 years
- Exposure to outside weather conditions
- Noise level in work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally exposed to perfume or scents and cleaning products.
Catholic Charities of San Francisco
Catholic Charities SF, the not-for-profit service arm of the Archdiocese of San Francisco, is one of the Bay Area's largest human services organizations. Catholic Charities SF provides programs and services for 70,000 people in need within the three-county regions of San Francisco, Marin, and San Mateo Counties. Catholic Charities SF's programs include a full spectrum of services for families and youth, single parents, aging adults, persons living with HIV, refugees, and immigrants, homeless and those at risk of being homeless, individuals with physical disabilities, and incarcerated adults and youth. In conjunction with Mercy/Charities Housing Inc., Catholic Charities SF is also a recognized leader in a not-for-profit housing development.
AddressHalf Moon Bay, CA