Our Community Support Specialists are an important part of our team and are responsible for providing daily living skills training, assisting with community integration, and providing supervision and support. Our Support Specialists develop relationships with our clients and able to spend time in the community participating in activities with clients! If you are looking for a fun, challenging, and rewarding position we would love to hear from you!
- Provides support with activities of daily living, such as personal care, dietary preferences/menu planning, medication regimen, therapy exercises, money management, cleaning and household maintenance.
- Provides the appropriate level of supervision to each client according to his/her needs. Maintain a detailed knowledge of each client's behavior support plan. Recognize behavior patterns and respond appropriately to them according to the approved plan.
- Maintains accurate, detailed and thorough documentation for each client daily. Monitor and report deviations in client behavior to the appropriate manager in a timely manner.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with the client and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Client Services: Community Integration
- Attends meetings and medical appointments with clients as needed.
- Takes clients to recreational activities and events in the community and schedule client transportation as needed.
- Assists clients in developing new social supports through hobbies, support groups, and encourage clients to maintain current relationships.
- Maintains an inventory of needed groceries and supplies and transport clients for shopping when needed.
Changing Lives. Serving All. Employing All. The heart of our mission is compassionate, caring services for the poor and vulnerable.
Catholic Charities was founded in 1946 and is a private, nonprofit organization serving people in an 11 county area in south-central Wisconsin. The agency helps people of all ages deal with mental health issues, face transitions in life, reach for their potential despite special challenges, heal from abuse or addiction and secure emergency services. In 2014, 30,000 people benefited from agency programs provided by 330 employees and 1,000+ volunteers.
We serve those in need regardless of religion, race, social or economic status. We serve and employ persons regardless of sexual orientation, religious, ethnic, racial or social background. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
Employees enjoy a supportive work environment and competitive pay. Full-time employees are eligible for health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement savings plan, health cafeteria plan, sick pay and generous paid vacation time. Retirement plan offered to part-time employees working 20+ hours per week, as well as pro-rated sick and vacation time.
Catholic Charities is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our state and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Catholic Charities of Madison