Administrative Assistant - Bilingual
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Administrative Assistant - Immigration Legal Services
The Administrative Assistant assists staff with supporting the activities and services for the Director of Immigration Legal Services and the Immigration Legal Services Program.
- Perform administrative support functions for the Director of Immigration Legal Services and Immigration Legal Services program.
- Follow set procedures in carrying out instructions with general supervision.
- Sort and distribute mail, photocopies and files.
- Organize and maintain filing system.
- Compile data, perform data entry, and complete forms or reports.
- Prepare routine correspondence, memos, and reports.
- Greet visitors and answer telephone calls for the program/department.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments for program/department.
- Complete all necessary documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements, licensing requirements and agency quality assurance standards.
- Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to proficiently communicate in English and Spanish (conversing, writing, and reading).
- Ability to work independently, with a minimum of supervision, and to understand office operations.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, clearly, accurately in a proficient, professional, pleasant and effective manner.
- Ability to be creative, accurate and have attention to detail.
- Ability to process changes with short notice.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
- Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to operate various word processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to create and foster an environment consistent with agency culture, mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all segments of the community (parishes, priests, religious, laity, Catholic ministries, civic leaders and community agencies).
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and work effectively with others.
- Ability to travel throughout a 25 county service region as necessary.
Education and Trainings:
- High School Diploma or GED acceptable to Texas Education Agency.
- Some experience in clerical or administrative assistant role.
- Bilingual English-Spanish (proficient in conversing, reading, and writing).
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.
BUSINESS HOURS AND LOCATION: Regular office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. This position may require working some evenings and weekends. This position works at 1625 Rutherford Lane Austin, TX.
Catholic Charities of Central Texas
BusinessView all jobs at Catholic Charities of Central Texas