SECRETARY FOR MCI CLINIC
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are hiring a Per Diem SECRETARY / RECEPTIONIST FOR CLINICAL SERVICES and ability to work a Temporary Part-time or Temporary Full-time work schedule as needed for Catholic Charities in Buffalo 14211
- Per Diem (19 hours per week)
- With ability to work additional hours per week
- Ability to work at different locations helpful
- Paid Sick Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Clinic Receptionist is the first point of contact for all clients, visitors, providers and any other stakeholders, and it is their responsibility to support a warm, welcoming and positive experience when anyone comes to the clinic. They are also responsible for day-to-day clinic front office operations, including but not limited to, clerical support services to clinic personnel including therapists, supervisors, and contracted providers.
Core Catholic Charities/Monsignor Carr Institute Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards.
- Infuses agency values in therapeutic care, offering quality, client-centered, strengths-based, solution-focused behavioral health and substance abuse services, as well as with collateral contacts.
- Promote and reinforce client-centered, strengths-based, solution-focused trauma-informed care in the context of systems.
- Cultivate a culture of sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Promote adherence to high ethical standards, consistent with the Catholic Charities' Corporate Compliance Program, Code of Ethics, legal mandates & labor laws, NYS Justice Center, NYS, OMH, managing contractual regulations and other accreditation standards (e.g. COA, BBB).
Core RECEPTION & CUSTOMER SERVICE Job Responsibilities:
- Open and/or close the clinic on assigned days;
- Greet and check-in clients, vendors, and visitors in a pleasant, warm, and welcoming manner.
- Ensure that the physical space and office equipment remains functional and free of hazards. Help cultivate a welcoming experience when client first walk in to our clinic.
- Monitor client activity in the waiting area and maintains general cleanliness of waiting area during operating hours.
- Order supplies using Agency centralized electronic ordering system (Microix) and keep track of supply inventory, including but not limited to office supplies, program supplies, screening forms, and other needs of the office;
- Operates the multi-line phone system; receives and routes telephone calls to staff;
- Promptly notify providers (including therapists, NPs, MDs, Case Managers, etc.) when their client has arrived;
- Schedule initial intake appointments for clients promptly at time of first call;
- Schedule and manage client appointments in collaboration with service providers;
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and faxes effectively and efficiently;
- Complete data entry tasks, including but not limited to entering clients' demographic and insurance information into electronic medical record;
- Check client payment balances, insurance status, current address and phone number, including follow-up and engagement with Billing Specialist and/or therapist to ensure co-pays are addressed and collected in a trauma-informed way.
- Manage client co-pays: Collect and record patient fees and provide receipts;
- Maintains familiarity with other clinic administrative support functions and covers for other support staff during lunch, vacation, sick leave, etc. May be requested to provide coverage at a related/nearby clinic based on staffing needs.
Core "Data Management/Documentation and Clinic Support" responsibilities:
- Work with external providers, including but not limited to laboratories and primary care offices, to obtain and/or send test results and other medical information, as requested by clinical staff. Ensure documents received are accurately entered into the electronic medical record.
- Assist in completing medication prior authorizations as directed; copy and file scripts;
- Copy and file paper records (if applicable) including scanning and uploading to the electronic medical record.
- Fulfill records requests in compliance with Agency policies and procedures, including compliance with HIPAA, HITECH and other requirements.
- Reviews screened-out and terminated charts for documentation compliance;
- Utilize electronic medical record and other systems as needed to prepare reports, statistics, correspondence, meeting minutes and other materials as directed to support the needs of the clinic and staff;
- Maintain and distribute reports including, but not limited to, utilization review, screened-out and terminated lists, as directed;
- Manage and distribute clinical information and data from external parties including but not limited to HEALTHeLINK and PSYCKES.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general equivalency diploma required. Associates preferred.
EXPERIENCE: a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a healthcare office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Pleasant, welcoming, and professional demeanor required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and maintain effective relationships with a clinical team.
- Demonstrated agility, initiative, ability to work independently and efficiently (effective organizational and time management skills) and produce
- Fluent in various computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel), electronic database systems and electronic health records
- Ability to operate multi-line phone system;
- Experience with electronic medical records system preferred, 10e11 EMR system a plus
- Knowledge of third party insurance rules and procedures preferred;
- Evening hours required. Ability to work flexible hours and provide shift coverage as needed.
Catholic Charities of Buffalo offers:
- flexible schedules,
- no cost EAP service,
- training and development opportunities.
Apply today at: ccwny.applicantpro.com/jobs
Catholic Charities offers an array of programs that strive to empower individuals, children and families. Catholic Charities of Buffalo, NY, is the most comprehensive human service provider serving the eight counties of Western New York with dozens of programs at 40+ professionally staffed locations.
Catholic Charities serves more than 150,000 Western New Yorkers each year without regard to age, race, gender or religious affiliation. Catholic Charities programs include comprehensive counseling services for all ages, basic emergency assistance including operating 8 food pantries, mental health services, chemical dependency treatment, educational and job readiness services, services to older adults, marriage counseling, immigration and refugee assistance and a variety of programs that address prevention and treatment of a number of family issues.
Catholic Charities of Buffalo
Get fresh Clinic Receptionist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.