The Division Director of Early Learning Services will have responsibility for the Early Learning programs of Catholic Charities. This includes Child Care Aware WA and Early Achievers contract deliverables, ongoing implementation, and quality assurance for Central Washington which provides services in Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Ferry, Yakima, Kittitas, Adams, and Grant Counties. In addition, the position will be responsible for Early Learning partnerships, Infant/Toddler services, Kaleidoscope and Early Connections Play & Learn, Carroll Children’s Center, Growing Hope Child and Family Development Centers, Christ the Teacher Early Learning, ECLIPSE, Parents as Teachers, Mental Health Consultation with Early Learning and development and implementation of other Early Learning initiatives which support school readiness. This position will supervise the team of Associate Directors and managers overseeing this work.
Provide oversight and leadership in the continued development of key early learning partnerships in the 8 County area of Central Washington at the local, regional, and state levels.
- Develop and continue partnerships with Community Colleges, Educational Service
o Districts, Local School Districts, Thrive WA, Community Service Offices, Head Start and ECEAP facilities, and key local and regional coordinating councils and coalitions
- Develop and continue partnerships with Department of Child & Family Services at the Regional and State level.
- Assist in the development of proposals for early learning initiatives with private foundations, Child Care Aware state network, DCYF or other funding entities.
- Work with Data and Quality Assurance Coordinator to implement timely completion of contract deliverables and applications.
- Work with Associate Director for Early Achievers to achieve all goals and contract deliverables in moving child care providers to higher quality through the quality rating system.
- Work with Professional Development Coordinator to support all aspects of the professional development and training for child care providers.
- Work with the Associate Director of Early Learning to implement Infant/Toddler Services and support through disciplinary consultation and regional systems building coordinated with Early Achievers
- Work with the Associate Director of Early Learning to continue development and partnerships with Family, Friend, and Neighbor services and Play and Learn expansion and integration
- Work with Carroll Children’s Center and Growing Hope Child & Family Development Center Associate Director to implement a high quality early learning programs
- Provide supervision and oversight of Parents as Teachers and ECLIPSE manager and programs to ensure staffing program deliverables are met and expenses remain within budgeted parameters.
Advocate and provide leadership in planning for Child Care Aware and Early Learning services at the local, regional, and state level, supporting development of new initiatives and sustainability of current services.
- Participate in regional and state forums that focus on best practice in early learning.
- Coordinate and develop partnership agreements with Child Care Aware agencies with bordering service delivery areas in Eastern WA to ensure comprehensive service delivery.
- Process all contracts and routing forms following the agency policy.
- Participate in WA State Child Care Aware Member Council meetings and initiatives.
Provide Coaching and Supervision to Associate Directors, PAT, and ECLIPSE Program Managers and Administrative Associate to implement a cohesive team in the delivery of early learning services.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations according to agency policies
- Develop individual staff professional development plans
- Develop and revise job descriptions as needed
- Participate in the development and monitor the implementation of program goals
Work with Associate Directors and Managers throughout the interview process and make recommendations to hire for new employee positions.
Develop and implement successful marketing and communication efforts.
- Ensure the website and brochures are current with all required information for Early Learning programs
- Communicate effectively with other agency personnel in each location regarding Early Learning initiatives that may have impact at the agency level or with other programs
Oversee the preparation and monitoring of the Early Learning program budgets and other budget requirements for contracts and collaborative partnership agreements.
- Work with Associate Directors and Managers in the budget development to address program requirements and new initiatives.
- Work with Associate Director and Controller to ensure all contracts are accurately billed in a timely manner with copies to accounting.
- Ensure all finance policies are followed and credit card and other purchases are approved and receipts submitted according to the agency policy.
Maintain confidentiality according to professional standards and as mandatory reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect, report any incident to the appropriate legal entity according to Washington State Law.
Participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensure Early Learning services are aligned with other programs and services of the agency which provide services to children and families
- Support the mission of the agency and follow the principles of Catholic Social Teaching for all programs and services.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, or a related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Early Learning Management programs including grant writing, budgeting, and program and partnerships development
- Knowledge of Washington State Early Childhood systems of care, Child Care Aware State Network, and Department of Child & Family Services
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective community partnerships
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and a collaborative partner
- Ability to represent the agency in a professional manner at the community, regional and state level
- Excellent leadership and follow-through with initiatives
- Ability to successfully manage services in multiple locations
Licensure, Registration, Certification:
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and required minimum liability insurance
Employment is conditional upon:
- Being cleared by criminal background check and fingerprinting when required