Catholic Charities is currently looking to immediately fill a Shelter Staff Position at the Sojourner House, a homeless shelter in Eau Claire. The Staff would assist in the operations of the house and provide shift supervision, support, and training to volunteers during evening and night shift. This temporary employment could potentially lead into a regular part time employment opportunity.
Shifts would be 6:30pm-1:30am and 1:30 am-8:30 am. Weekends and holidays are required.
Ideal candidates will possess excellent decision making & interpersonal skills. Be recognized as a leader and respond to urgent and/ or unexpected situations. Prior experience with the homeless or vulnerable desired. Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends.
Starting wage is between $11.00-$13.50 per hour. Students interested in the human services field encouraged to apply!
• Directs the general operations of the house during assigned shift.
• Assures volunteers display personal dignity and respect to all guests.
• Supervises volunteers to assure they are in place as scheduled for the assigned shift and obtain substitute shift volunteers as needed.
• Capture intake information - demographics of guests.
• Refer guests to available services - i.e. housing assistance.
• Performs data and record keeping functions as required and assigned.
• Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with reasonable standards. Shift Details:
• Shifts are scheduled 7 days a week
6:30pm - 1:30am
1:30 am-8:30 am
Background check required.
For immediate consideration please fill out an application online at https://cclse.org/employment-opportunities/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org