Preschool Teacher Assistant - $18.00/hour
Catholic Charities Community Services- Westside Head Start Peoria, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Catholic Charities Community Services is currently seeking a passionate individual who has an engaging classroom presence to work in our Head Start program providing support to our staff and children.
Several open locations in the West Valley
Assists and supports Teacher and classroom functions by providing quality services to children and families assigned to the site. The assignment is for the school year (10 months) with scheduled breaks identified at the beginning of each program year as dictated by program requirements and the site calendar.
1. Supports the implementation of a designated bilingual, multicultural curriculum and supervises children in collaboration with the Teacher.
2. Assists Teacher in the completion of observations needed for Fall, Winter and Spring assessment periods and in the completion of the Education Plan three times per school year.
3. Assists in the completion and implementation of weekly lesson plans.
4. Assists the Teacher in the completion of two (2) parent conferences and two (2) educational home visits during the program year.
5. Assists the Teacher in the documentation of health information and the completion of developmental and social/emotional screenings within 45 days of a child’s enrollment.
6. Effectively serves children with disability and their families, making adaptations as necessary.
7. Complies with all Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) guidelines and assists with daily, weekly and end-of-the-month foodservice paperwork.
8. Mandatory reporter for any suspected abuse/neglect issues as required by law.
9. Implements approved emergency plan; conducts and documents monthly fire drills as required.
10. Maintains a clean classroom/working environment.
11. As program needs dictate, may be called upon to fill in as a substitute in another classroom or at another site to ensure uninterrupted service delivery to children and families.
12. Promote an ongoing commitment to excellence and continuous quality improvement to ensure the highest quality of services to our staff and clients.
1. Must meet one of the following educational requirements:
a. High School Diploma or equivalent and enrollment in a Child Development Associate (CDA) program within 90 days of hire with program completion within a year from hire. Continuous enrollment is required.
b. High School Diploma or equivalent plus active enrollment in a program leading to an AA or BA in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or another directly related discipline that includes at least 12 credit hours of ECE coursework within 90 days of hire with program completion within a year from hire. Continuous enrollment is required.
2. A minimum of six (6) months experience preferred.
Apply directly to our website at: www.catholiccharitiesaz.org
We also offer home based services for expectant mothers and children 0-3 through weekly home visits to each enrolled child and family. WSHS provides child-focused visits that promote the parents’ ability to support their child’s development. The visits last 90 minutes. Twice a month, the program offers opportunities for parents and children to come together as a group for learning, discussion and social activity.
Catholic Charities Community Services- Westside Head StartWhy Work Here?
“Helping our community’s most vulnerable with solutions that permanently improve lives”
Catholic Charities Westside Head Start and Early Head Start provide comprehensive, early, continuous, year-round, childhood education through a holistic approach by working with the whole family. We also offer in-home services for pregnant expectant mothers. Our programs emphasize pre-reading, language, math, cognitive skills, health, and social and emotional competence to prepare disadvantaged children for school and to maximize their potential for a bright future. We also offer home based services for expectant mothers and children 0-3 through weekly home visits to each enrolled child and family. WSHS provides child-focused visits that promote the parents’ ability to support their child’s development. The visits last 90 minutes. Twice a month, the program offers opportunities for parents and children to come together as a group for learning, discussion and social activity.