SOH - DCMP Lead Operations Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans (CCANO) is participating in the Hurricane Ida/4611 Disaster Case Management Program in Orleans, St. Tammany, St. Charles, and St. John the Baptist civil parishes. CCANO's main responsibility will be to serve and coordinate services for people affected by Hurricane Ida under the guidance provided by FEMA and GOHSEP. As a Case Management Firm, CCANO will employ 2 Program Management Leads. The Operation Lead will oversee the overall program service delivery, case management practices and staff management in this program under the direction and support of the Program Manager/Director. The other Lead, the Administrative/ Data Management Lead is to focus on the data management and the administrative needs of the program. There may be some overlapping duties, but most will be split between the two leads. Coordination and collaboration between the two Leads is critical.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
This position requires strong organizational, relational, and communication skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time. The Program Management Lead will be working in a fast-paced environment and must be able to provide excellent case manager support and client service best practices support under these circumstances. Must have demonstrated experience in supervision, coaching others, staff management and the FEMA Sequence of Delivery. Proficiency in Excel and Word is essential. Applicant must be a fast learner and quickly understand and master the data base used for this project (quick base). This position requires excellent communications skills and the ability to manage highly stressful situations. Good candidate will be able to demonstrate outstanding leadership and people skills; must be able to positive motivate the DCMP staff and maintain an excellent work environment. Applicant should demonstrate the ability to relate well to people of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds and have a commitment to CCANO's mission. Reliable transportation and the capacity to work efficiently in the field is a must since the majority of time will be spent working in the various offices where the case manager teams are located.
CCANO is a Catholic Religious based organization. Good candidate must be able to ensure our agency vision and values are uphold and must be a good representative of them. CCANO Values: EMPATHETIC: We put people first. WELCOMING: We serve everyone. COMPELLING: Our programs create real change. COLLABORATIVE: We work together to solve our city's problems. DISCERNING: We make wise decisions with our resources.
The Program Management Operational Lead will be responsible for supporting and working closely with the team of supervisors and case managers under the directives provided by the Program Manager/Director.
- work with supervisors to handle any complaint or request that comes through the main triage line, H2Bravo, or GOHSEP
- responsible for working with supervisors in managing and staffing the main triage line
- facilitate direct assistance transmittal processing
- route incoming calls/ internet requests needing an application to appropriate supervisor
- Collect and report client success stories
- oversee all day-to-day operations of the case manager supervisor and their teams of case managers
- Support the supervisors for their weekly case manager team meetings by reviewing power point messaging, being present during the meetings, and providing consistency of messaging across the teams. This includes employee relations coaching, LTRO updates, FEMA VAL/DOB updates, Sequence of Delivery updates, RELA updates
- understand regulations stated by the DCMP contract and CCANO
- adjust program activities according to any changes that emerge throughout the implementation of the program
- support the supervisors with case reviews and closures regarding next steps and best-case management practices
- Work with Administrative/Data Mgt. Lead to determine shortfalls in productivity and Quick base issues
- Support staff morale and create a good working environment
- Manage conflict that might emerge from working with survivors and a large number of staff.
- Ensuring quality of services and that services are provided with compassion and care under a Trauma Informed Care model.
Supervision, Onboarding and Offboarding
- Manage a team that may consist of: Case Managers, Supervising Case Managers. Lead will be responsible for the direct supervision of the case manager supervisors (4 to 5)
- Ensure all new staff is properly onboarded and all documentation is appropriately submitted to ensure staff is set up and ready as they are onboarded.
- Leads recruitment, screening, and interviewing of applicants; to ensure appropriate staffing.
- Develop workplans for staff and volunteers.
- Ensure all staff is adequately trained for their roles and supported to ensure quality performance.
- Ensures supervisors are adequately managing and supporting their staff.
- Ensures all job descriptions are current and have been reviewed with staff.
- Continuous case file supervision and oversight.
- Ensures staff issues are well documented and staff is coached and/or counseled when needed with HR.
Coaching & Consultation
Program Management Operational Lead will provide guidance and coaching to supervisors and teams of case managers.
- assist supervisors/case managers with troubleshooting issues for individual cases and/help strengthening areas of undeveloped skills
- consult on individualized case recovery plan strategies
- develop the program's training plan for case management practices
- work with Administrative/Data Mgt Lead to determine plan to meet Quick base data entry goals
- take over supervisory duties in the absence of the supervisor
- provide coaching to supervisors and facilitate supervisor disciplinary actions when necessary
- Support supervisors with disciplinary actions for the case managers. Consult the Administrative/Data Mgt Lead when concern is around productivity or data entry errors.
- Complete supervisor performance reviews and support the supervisors in case manager performance reviews
- work closely with the supervisors to address emerging issues in programming
Will work with supervisors to understand the Unmet Needs Committees' requirements and procedures for case presentations.
- provide support to supervisors on difficult cases regarding resources and resolutions options
- Will be responsible for ensuring that the case managers have what is necessary for successful case presentations to the LTRO
- provide LTRO meeting attendance to H2Bravo
- Hold and facilitate weekly practicum to hear cases heading to the Unmet Needs Committees for presentations
Construction Cost Analyst Coordination
The Leads will be responsible for coordinating the use of the construction cost analyst and managing his case load effectively. Operation Lead will determine programmatic activities. Will coordinate with Administrative/Data Management Lead on assigning case within the Quick base system
Leads will work with Program Manager/Director in facilitating seamless transitions of cases to other agencies when necessary and for receiving incoming cases from other agencies.
- Operational Lead will handle the transfer of cases to other firms through H2Bravo and will work with the Administrative/Data Management Lead on clearing duplicate case issues from Quick base
Leads will work with the Program Manager/Director to monitor program and staff productivity.
- Lead will address emerging issues related to shortfall reports, productivity, record keeping and data collection
- Ensure staff is properly trained in data collection and documentation requirements
- Ensure issues are identified quickly and appropriate steps are taken to correct any deficiencies in data or program implementation
Continuous outreach to the community is a requirement of the program.
- assist the Program Manager/Director in identifying potential outreach opportunities and communicate with the Outreach Coordinator
- support the supervisors in identifying staff to engage in the events in their civil parishes
Overall, the Operational Lead will work with the supervisors to ensure cases are moving forward, provide feedback and ideas to assist the cases, identify resources, ensure adequate placement of clients in appropriate tiers, and ensure case managers are providing regular and adequate follow-up to clients. Monitoring of daily activities and the resolution of the client's issues is paramount. Will ensure that services are rendered appropriately with respect, compassion and care for the client. Leads must ensure case managers meet their tasks and deadlines, anticipate problems and develop solutions. Leads must be willing to be part of an interactive team, participate in management meetings and take over other assigned tasks as they arise. Must be able and willing to cope with changing environments, show flexibility and be a problem solver. Must assess and address the team's morale and focus on developing a cohesive team. Leads will also take on additional functions as determined by the Program Manager/Director.
Bachelor's degree required and four years experience in the social service field preferred. Previous supervisory experience required. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required. Bilingual applicants preferred.
Program Management Leads report to the Program Manager/Director.
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
AddressNew Orleans, LA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?