Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans Metairie, LA
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of New Orleans
Immigration and Refugee Services Program
Position: Immigration and Refugee Services Administrator
Department: Immigration, Refugee, and ESL Services
Reports to: Division Director
Program Description/Summary: CCANO's Immigration, Refugee, and ESL Services Program provides integrated services to increase attainment of self-sufficiency for over 4,500 individuals and families a year. The Administrator requires a solid understanding and acute awareness of essential services necessary for immigrants and refugees. They will provide strategic leadership, support and training for staff that aligns with organizational mission and ensures compliance with contract, state and federal requirements. The Administrator uses knowledge, effective communication, and independent critical thinking skills towards interpreting criteria, policies, and procedures to provide the best and most appropriate services. S/He will manage program and oversee implementation to ensure quality service delivery and timely achievement of program objective. This position is responsible for over 50 staff and closely monitor and management of over 20 funding sources. The Administrator is expected to adhere to the Mission, Vision and Values of the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
Compassion: We treat others as our brothers and sisters. We are one human family, regardless of our national, racial, ethnic, economic and faith tradition.
Teamwork: As employees of Catholic Charities, we act as members of one team to accomplish our mission.
Respect: We serve our clients and interact with our fellow employees, treating them with dignity and respect.
Integrity: We perform our work honestly to promote the highest trust and confidence in our services.
Customer Service: We strive to exceed the expectations in the level of services that are provided within the scope of our mission to our clients.
Justice: Our basic moral test is how the most vulnerable members of our community are faring and how we are serving them within our mission.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years Program Management, including contracts, evaluation, and grant management experience;
- Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years of related experience required; Master's degree in a related field and 2+ years of related experience accepted;
- 5+ years of supervisory experience required;
- Proven experience in grant writing and grant management (grant management certification preferred);
- Prior experience in the nonprofit sector;
- Experience in refugee resettlement, populations management or other closely related experience highly valued;
- Successful track record of federal contract management or a combination of the above experience that total five (5) years in a similar position preferred.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Louisiana not required but highly valued;
- Strong management and organizational skills, and ability to work across all levels of management and staff;
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) candidates highly preferred. Proficiency in Arabic, Burmese, or other languages valued;
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population and sensitivity and acute awareness to the special needs of multi-cultural immigrant children, adults, and families;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including maintaining effective work relationships;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel. Facility with database use required.
- Abilitytowork in fast paced environment;
- Comfortable working for a religious based organization;
- Fiscally responsible and able to manage, monitor and evaluate multiple grants, federal and private;
- Demonstrates strong leadership, creative problem-solving, decision-making and negotiating skills;
- Ability to independently research specific information as it relates to client needs and/or funding goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, active listening and problem solving;
- Flexibility with work schedule to adapt to unanticipated emergencies and urgent concerns;
- Background on program evaluation, reporting, compliance and data management.
- Grant administration, financial oversee, program management and evaluation;
- On-going communication with direct supervisor, funders, and/or community partners regarding budgets, compliance, reporting, updates and potential issues;
- Direct and indirect supervision of staff and supervisors;
- Direct supervision of Program Managers;
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings;
- Advocacy with external community collaborators for resource allocation, referrals, and other community needs;
- Responsible for assurance of internal staff training, continuing education, and certifications;
- Maintain updated on external factors (policies or laws related to legal immigration or not) that may affect client ability to integrate, adjust and/or thrive;
- Oversee day to day operation of program;
- Other duties as needed.
CCANO is an "at-will" and equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. CCANO encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veterans' status. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application. Applicant may need to have access to stable internet and must have a valid driver's license, insurance, a clean driving record, and personal transportation.
Job Status: Full-time (Exempt)
Application Deadline: Hiring Immediately.
To apply, please do so online at www.ccano.org/jobs or email resume to email@example.com
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
BusinessView all jobs at Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans