Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? At Catholic Charities Diocese, of Joliet we are mission-driven, focused on positive results for people and believe that people should be treated with dignity and respect. If you feel the same way we encourage you to join us in making a difference!
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Master’s Degree preferred (or related field - human services, family services, counseling), with three of five years of experience working with children and families. All degrees must come from a regionally accredited educational institution, which has U.S. Department of Education approval
- Knowledge of local community resources, child development, and preferred Head Start experience
- Good verbal and written skills and demonstrated ability to relate well with diverse cultures and family systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and constructively with persons from all ethnic, racial, and social backgrounds
The Family Advocate Floater assists the Site Supervisor and other staff in planning, developing, implementing, and coordinating the Head Start Performance Standards as related to Health and Nutrition Services, Family and Community Partnerships, Program Design and Management. It is required for Family Advocates to conduct home visits. A personal vehicle for transportation is required. Periodic weekend recruitment activities are required along with attendance at parent meetings and family activity events. It is the expectation that programmatic recruitment takes place throughout the community as specified and designated during the week.
GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- 12 Holidays
- 15 Days Vacation
- 12 Personal Days
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
If you desire a better work/life balance and can work in a fast paced environment with excellent growth potential, we would like to hear from you.