4th Grade Teacher
- Posted: over a month ago
- $34,000 to $45,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Fourth Grade Teacher
This position, on the St. Ann campus of the Catholic Academy of Bridgeport, requires a professional with knowledge of how students learn, comprehend and is able to give reading, writing and math support to young, diverse learners. The teacher must possess strong classroom management skills.
- Recognize/support the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Active member of a faith community.
- Promote a safe classroom environment conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Display a consistent disciplinary approach that promotes self-direction and positive self-image; sets high standards for student behavior and manages inappropriate behavior effectively as per school/diocesan policies.
- Cooperates and works effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
- At all times demonstrates professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality, sound judgment, professional dress and general behavior.
- Performs other related tasks assigned by the principal.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Working knowledge and a strong commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter and well-organized; team player; multi-tasker
- Proficient in computer technology and related educational technology.
- Degree from accredited college/university in Education or related discipline to teaching assignment
- Practicing Roman Catholic, in good standing
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 3 current letters of recommendation.'
- One location
Catholic Academy of BridgeportWhy Work Here?
Welcoming school community with great benefits!
521 Brewster StreetBridgeport, CT
EducationView all jobs at Catholic Academy of Bridgeport