Catherine Hershey Schools Hershey, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Director of Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning will be responsible for managing operations and interactions across the CHS Central Office and CHS Centers. The selected individual will be overseeing administrative functions, leading and maintaining team accountability, ensuring compliance and quality, and developing and ensuring policies and procedures for the CHS Central Office and CHS Centers. The Operations Director will be an effective leader and administrator with strong experience leading operational activities in areas such as Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance, and Facility Management. Additionally, the selected individual will have a strong skillset in planning and organization, effective verbal and written communication, conflict management, and experience ensuring operational facility compliance with OCDEL, NAEYC, and other high-quality standards.
The Operations Director will be responsible for:
- Managing CHS Center data, outcomes, and trends on operational and administrative areas including staff retention, financial forecasts, and logistics
- Overseeing staff in CHS Central Office’s Information Technology, Human Resources, Facilities, Program Support Services, and Finance functions
- Making regular visitations to all CHS Centers to ensure alignment and maintenance of expectations, accountability, and best practices within the administration, facilities, and human resources across all centers
- Co-preparing the annual CHS budget in collaboration with CHS Center Directors and CHS Executive Director
- Overseeing recruitment and talent management of key personnel
- Developing and maintaining CHS Central Office and CHS Centers’ policies and procedures, identifying potential risks and addressing them accordingly
- Collaborating with the Executive Director to set and implement operational strategies across Centers
- Ensuring compliance with Shared Service Agreements across all CHS Centers
- Ensure compliance of requirements and standards of OCDEL, Keystone STARS, and NAEYC in collaboration with other CHS Center staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree – MS, MBA, MEd Preferred)
- 8 or more years of experience leading in related field (Operations/HR/Finance/Administrative, preferred)
- 2+ years of experience working in the early childhood space, and closely with OCDEL, Keystone STARS, and NAEYC quality standards (preferred)
- Exceptional executive functioning, organizational, and time management skills, and an action-oriented mindset
- Ability to proactively identify problems and implement solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and developing a budget
- Willingness to be held accountable and receive feedback
- Ability to work well across functions and departments to forge strong cross-disciplinary relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to influence, lead, educate large teams
- History of achieving strong demonstrated outcomes
- Ability to forge strong business relationships with external vendors at the community at large
- Previous experience in a new venture or similar entrepreneurial, high-growth setting (preferred)
- Experience setting and maintaining high-quality NAEYC / Keystone STARS / OCDEL standards (preferred)
- Experience operating multiple entities and ensuring collaboration across large, decentralized teams, including shared services (preferred)
- Commitment to the mission and values of CHS and MHS and demonstrated a high degree of integrity as all MHS and CHS staff are considered to be role models for students
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and platform
- Proficiency in using technology, including MS Office and Internet
- U.S. work authorization required.
CHS plans to open six early childhood education Centers by 2027. The Centers are designed for children from birth to age 5 from economically disadvantaged and at-risk backgrounds with the goal of encouraging the development of a child’s educational, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical well-being. The CHS Initiative will provide a focus on core early learning programs through a rigorous and relevant curriculum that is aligned with a mission to nurture and educate enrolled children. Children will also receive supports such as nutritious meals and provisions of supplies, among other early learning enhancements. Finally, CHS will offer integrated support services for families of children enrolled in the Centers.
CHS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity.
Catherine Hershey SchoolsWhy Work Here?
A career worth every moment.
For more than 100 years, the Milton Hershey School (MHS) has helped children to realize their full potential by offering a top-notch private, cost-free education to students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade from income-eligible families.