Cathedral Corporation is looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator to join our Team! This is a hands-on role that requires on-site work at our Orlando, FL production facility.
This position operates in a fast-paced production environment. This opportunity requires flexibility with working overtime, weekends, and Holiday’s. Candidates with experience in a print and mail production facility are strongly desired.
About the Job
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for design, integration, implementation, modification, and coordination of the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, health, and maintenance of hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Performs technical and analytical work in developing infrastructure designs and plans for both current and future strategies for information management and information technology goals, objectives, and initiatives related to the network, voice and data, and information security.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational strategies and values, enabling staff and customers.
The SA is expected to have advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft operating systems and infrastructure software, virtualization, storage area networks (SAN), security administration, and LAN and WAN infrastructure technologies.
Extensive hands-on experience in the following:
- Windows and VMware servers build and maintenance
- Network and server monitoring, support and response
- Network configuration and monitoring including FTP/SFTP, TCP/IP, switching and routing concepts, network devices, configuration and topology
- Hardware management, disaster recovery, risk management, and LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Fortigate firewall configuration and maintenance
- System backup and recovery - Commvault experience a plus
- Enterprise Inventory and Patch Management
- Manage user accounts and access controls
- Tier 2 User Help Desk Support
- Disaster Recovery Support and Testing
- Work Instruction creation/maintenance
- Extensive knowledge in Security Compliance & best practices
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of principles and methods applied to information technology infrastructure, planning, implementation, and management.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimum direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, division and department heads, and clients.
- Ability to clearly communicate and escalate information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze, implement, maintain and repair new technological software and programs; ability to evaluate, diagnose and develop solutions to potential and real operational and system deficiencies to ensure continued and non-disrupted service to system users.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide root cause analysis (RCA) of systems issues and deficiencies.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science highly desirable
CISSP Certification Required
Network administration and services experience in a complex environment (5+ years)
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, generous paid time off, short term disability, long term disability and 401(k) with company match.
This employer is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this employer solely depends on your qualifications.
Why Work Here?Cathedral Corporation has enjoyed continued success for 100 years because we recognize that each of our customers has completely unique and specialized needs. That recognition has made us a leading national provider of transactional documents, customer care communications and personalized direct mail and e-marketing programs. We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, generous paid time off, short term disability, long term disability and 401(k) with company match. EEOC This employer is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this employer solely depends on your qualifications.
Stable and Growing Company, Plenty of Challenge and Opportunity for Growth, Great Benefits Package!