Staff Accountant II
Caterpillar Inc. Peoria, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To independently perform staff level accounting functions that deal with accounting issues of normal complexity that support business processes and provide further experience with Caterpillar accounting practices.
JOB DUTIES: The Staff Accountant II will provide technical expertise and will perform more complex accounting work that supports business processes. Additionally, this position will:
- have a comprehensive understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems and procedures;
- apply accounting knowledge and provide guidance on accounting issues
- participate on and lead teams
Incumbents are exposed to a variety of accounting functions and accomplish a high level of complex and/or technical analysis, review various outputs for reasonableness and advise other accountants. Incumbent works on challenging, medium to high risk issues and makes business decisions and recommendations as appropriate. Work is supported by a supervisor primarily through review of results.
Possible areas of responsibility are varied, including:
- internal management accounting, including profit center, service center, distribution services, strategic business, integrated manufacturing, and component business unit reporting
- coordination of purchased services, transfer prices, and accountable target costs
- estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
- financial accounting including consolidation, analysis and communication of division or multiple business units’ results / explanations
- presentation and explanation of results to management
- communication of results to corporate offices
Accounting tasks are of high complexity such as system support and development, and business unit consolidations. Advises and provides guidance to multiple functional areas and levels of authority. The Staff Accountant II is capable of handling complex accounting issues such as methodology changes, reorganization and accounting standards.
Incumbents will demonstrate knowledge and ability to independently handle accounting issues. They will demonstrate very good communication skills and have a comprehensive knowledge of their business unit products, suppliers and customers and accounting processes.
- 4-year degree, preferably in accounting. Non-accounting degree requires minimum 18 hours of college level accounting or approved Accounting certification.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Must have proven record of strong initiative, leadership, accountability and effective communication skills.
With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Caterpillar Inc.