Experienced Sushi Chef
- Posted: 6 days ago
Make a difference: We intend to leave everyone in a better place than when they arrived. From our guests to our team, we strive to provide exceptional experiences to make an impact on the lives of everyone we come in contact with.
Be a part of a family: To us, family means caring and committing together. We care about everyone that comes into our restaurant and commit to providing them with an exceptional experience.
Have integrity: We practice integrity in all that we do. We always do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Be respected: Work on a team that is committed to respecting others. Through politeness, listening, and helping those around us, we show our coworkers and guests the utmost respect.
Strive for excellence: We are always improving. We strive to be 1% better every day. We love serving our community and are always seeking ways to serve our guests and team better.
Have diligence and enthusiasm: We are passionate about what we do. We use these two principles to guide all of our decisions. We give everything our best and are thorough in all we do. And, we do everything with a positive attitude.
If you are looking for a team where you can make a difference, be part of a family, work with integrity, be respected, and achieve excellence, we think you will be a great fit for our team.
The Sushi Chef position is responsible for preparing food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The Sushi Chef is also responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Prepares sushi for and interact with guests at the sushi bar as well as prepare sushi for dining room orders
- Responsible for producing high quality sushi in a timely manner, assuring sushi is prepared to Cate Street Seafood Station’s specifications.
- Ensures Cate Street Seafood Station’s standards of quality and service are met while providing nutritious, safe, eye‐appealing, properly flavored food.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Reports all material needs and supplies of the Sushi Bar including dry and frozen products, fresh and frozen fish to the Sushi Manager.
- Assures that all facilities and materials are in complete readiness for excellent service before each shift.
- Corrects promptly any deviations from established preparation standards.
- Being a positive example for the team members of the sushi bar.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position requires a minimum of 2 weeknights and 1 weekend night.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a flexible position with hours varying
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- 4-5 years prior experience in a related food service position.
- 3-5 years prior Sushi chef experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
Cate Street Seafood Station
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?