Senior Video Production Specialist
- Posted: February 20, 2023
Davidson United Methodist Church
Senior Video Production Specialist
The Senior Video Production Specialist will be a creative, skilled, outgoing person to serve as the leader of the church's video presentation ministries. Become a vital member of the creative team and oversee sound, video, live streaming, and lighting for worship services and other events. Create current engaging and compelling videos for ministry areas. "People Person" who can recruit, engage, and manage a team of volunteers. Produce and direct audio-visual products to include Sunday morning worship elements, streaming services, and recording of services for viewing on the website and social media; produce and direct podcasts; manage sound and audio.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
- Report to the Director of Digital Ministries & Communications.
- Partner with ministry program staff & clergy to create audio-visual products that enhance and promote ministry area(s).
- Supervise & direct video production staff.
Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Set up, operate, and take down equipment for streaming of worship services and other productions
- Ensure the identification, training, and scheduling of staff and volunteers to ensure continuity of all aspects of audio-visual service if on vacation or unable to perform this duty due to illness. (Current plans allow for the creation and hiring of an Associate Video Production Specialist to assist with continuity of service)
- Create graphics for live streaming
- Coordinate and oversee the entire video creation process, collaboratively conceptualizing shoots, scheduling, costs/budgeting (when applicable), and pre/post-production
- Manage frequent small productions as well as occasional highly creative or demanding large productions
- Operate camera, audio, and lighting equipment on both a technical and creative level
- Produce occasional videos to be used in worship (member faith stories, reports on church programs)or for other ministry areas
- Partner with Pastor for Music & Worship and staff to select/create appropriate video elements and coordinate service flow and technical direction
- Set up distribution channels for live broadcasts and recordings
- Understand and troubleshoot the broadcast-based video system
- Maintain technical equipment
- Produce, stream, record, and upload to the website or social media, podcasts, Bible studies, and other programs as directed by the supervisor
- Partner with Director of Facilities to regularly assess audio-visual equipment and space-related needs; recommend improvements.
Minimum of bachelor's degree in a media-related study, or the equivalent of 5+ years of related experience
- Proficiency in/knowledge of live video broadcast production, including video switcher, camera, recording gear, digital video equipment, digital sound systems, monitoring systems, lighting systems, video distribution systems, and digital media servers
- Knowledge of software such as ProPresenter, Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Keynote and PowerPoint, Final Cut Pro, and MS Office. Both Mac and PC operatingsystems
- Experience directing and producing creative videos, including concept, scripting, filming, editing, and post-production; ability to take a video from idea to pre-production to finished project
- Ability to adapt when plans change
- Ability to work with diverse individuals; communicate well both in written and verbal forms
- Be respectful of the United Methodist tradition and practices
- An active member of a faith community preferred
- Experience with Christian church culture
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Catapult
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?